Connect with Us
Home Programmes MBA MBA in Finance And Investment Banking Syllabus
Connect with Us
- MBA First Year Syllabus All students study common courses – the required curriculum – in the first year divided into four modules of 8 weeks duration. The first year MBA Syllabus comprises of 21 core, skill and perspective courses spanning all areas of management.
- Core Courses Core courses in the MBA programme will help students grasp theory and business fundamentals, building a firm bedrock of understanding in subjects such as Industry, Accounting and Finance, Organisational Behaviour, Management, Marketing, Business Analytics and Business Law.
- Skill Courses Besides acquiring discipline-related technical competencies, students will also acquire a range of life skills needed to be successful at the workplace: Presenting, Communicating, Critical Reasoning, Etiquette and Conversing, Problem Solving & Consulting.
- Perspective Courses Perspective courses will help students see the larger picture, contextualise problems correctly, and acquire a better understanding of the core. Some examples of such courses are World Civilisations, Critical Reasoning and System Thinking.
- Internship Students would be required to undergo an industry internship at the end of first year. The internship enables a student to apply the knowledge they received in the first year to a real-world situation.
MBA in Finance And Investment Banking – Syllabus & Subjects
|Foundation||Finance for Non-Finance||0||20|
|Foundation||Personal Journey for Excellence|
(Strength Finder and Training Need Identification Workshop)
|Core||Joy of Management||2||32|
|Core||Marketing and Consumer Behaviour||2||32|
|Skill||Excel Spreadsheet Modelling||2||32|
|Skill||Written Analysis and Communication||2||32|
|Project||Sankalp – Social Entreprenurship Project|
|Core||Financial Statement Analysis and Reporting||2||32|
|Core||Business Research Methodology||2||32|
|Core||Macro Economics & Policy||2||32|
|Skill||Business Communication & Presentation Skills||2||32|
|Core||Costing Products and Services||2||32|
|Core||Synthesizing and Analyzing Data using R||2||32|
|Core||Managing Operations and Supply Chain||2||32|
|Core||Human Resource Management||2||32|
|Core||Indian Banking and Financial Markets||2||32|
|Core||Marketing of Products and Services||2||32|
|Core||Managing Financial Resources||2||32|
|Core||Bringing Ideas to Market||2||32|
|Core||Data Science Using R and Python||2||32|
|Perspective||Critical Reasoning and Systems Thinking||2||32|
|Skill||Selling, Negotiation and Persuading Skills||2||32|
|Project||Summer Internship – 08 Weeks||8|
|Foundation||Personal Journey for Excellence (Strength Finder and Training Need Identification Workshop)||0||10|
|Core||Management of Design||2||32|
|Core||Business Model and Intellectual Property||2||32|
|Project||Applied Business Research (Till Module 8)|
|Global Module Track -International Business @ Summer School Abroad|
|Core||Managing Stakeholders and Legal Processes||2||32|
|Skill||Problem Solving and Consulting Skills||2||32|
|Core||Analyzing and Mitigating Risk||2||32|
|Perspective||Ethics and Indian Ethos||2||32|
|Project||Integrated Decisions Making||4|
|Core||Leveraging IT for Business||2||32|
|Perspective||Indian Economy in the Global Context||2||32|
|Project||Applied Business Research Project||4|
|Project||Sankalp- Social Entreprenurship Project||4|
|Treasury and Forex Management|
|Business Valuation and Modelling|
|Private Equity & Venture Capitalists|
|Advanced Corporate Finance|
|Derivatives and Financial Risk Management|
|Mergers and Acquisitions|
|Fixed Income Securities|
Elective Subjects (in association with KPMG)
BMU offers a set of electives in Forensic Accounting and Corporate Fraud (in association with KPMG).
- The entire set of electives should be taken by students for being considered for placement with Forensic Practices at the BIG 4 companies (KPMG, Deloitte, PricewaterhouseCoopers, E&Y)
- Students upon successful completion of the set of electives shall earn a certificate from KPMG
Please Note: The course curriculum is subject to revision.
- MBA First Year Syllabus : All students study common courses – the required curriculum – in the first year divided into four modules of 8 weeks duration. The first year MBA Syllabus comprises of 21 core, skill and perspective courses spanning all areas of management.
- MBA Second Year Syllabus : In the second year, students take up a broad range of core, skill and elective courses. Elective courses give students the flexibility to extend their learning to subjects beyond the core. They will have the option to study courses in Information Systems, Finance, Human Resources Management, Marketing, and Operations.
Copyright © 2023 BML Munjal University - All Rights Reserved
UG Admissions Open
Explore our Programmes
Drop in your email ID to receive our brochure