- School School of Engineering and Technology
- Department/Programme Math
- Position (additional roles) Sci-Mat Club Mentor
- Email email@example.com
Dr. Akhlaq Husain comes from a farmer family of a small town in UP. He completed his graduation and post-graduation in Mathematics from AMU Aligarh and PhD (Mathematics) from IIT Kanpur with JRF & SRF fellowships from CSIR. He is currently deputed as the mentor of Mat-Sci club at the campus and & mentors students for better learning and healthy campus life at BMU.
- Differential Equations for Electrical Engineers
- Operations Research
- Discrete Mathematics
- Calculus for Engineers
- Mathematics for Engineers-I
- Introduction to Fractals
- Ordinary Differential Equations
- Sobolev Spaces and Applications
- Graduation In: B.Sc. (Hons.)
- Graduation From: Aligarh Muslim University Aligarh
- Graduation Year: 2001
- Post Graduation In: M.Sc. (Mathematics)
- Post Graduation From: Aligarh Muslim University Aligarh
- Post Graduation Year: 2003
- Doctorate In: Ph.D. (Mathematics)
- Doctorate From: Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
- Doctorate Year: 2011
|From - To (Year)||Designation & Organization|
|June 2016-Current||Associate Professor-BMU|
|Nov 2012-Mar 2016||Assistant Professor-LNMIIT Jaipur|
|July 2010-Oct 2012||Lecturer- LNMIIT Jaipur|
|Jun 2010- Jul 2010||Project Senior Research Associate- IIT Kanpur|
|Jan 2010-May 2010||Project Fellow- IIT Kanpur|
- Numerical Solution of Partial Differential Equations
- Spectral Element Method
- Parallel/Scientific Computing
- Singularities in Elliptic boundary value problems
- Higher order & eigenvalue problems
- Fractal Geometry
- Akhlaq Husain, Karthik Gomada, Manogna Megham and Seemakruthi Ashish (2021): Fractal reptiles of R2 and R3 using integer matrices, Fractals, Vol. 29 (2), 2150027.
- Akhlaq Husain, Jaideep Reddy, Deepika Bisht and Mohammad Sajid (2021): Fractal dimension of coastline of Australia, Scientific Reports (Nature), Vol. 11, 6304.
- Arbaz Khan, Akhlaq Husain, Subhashree Mohapatra and C.S. Upadhyay (2017): Spectral element methods for three dimensional elliptic interface problems, Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, Vol. 315, 1, 522-549.
- Akhlaq Husain and Arbaz Khan (2017): Least-squares spectral element preconditioners for fourth order elliptic problems, Computers and Mathematics with Applications, Vol. 74, Issue 3, Pages 482-503.
- Arbaz Khan and Akhlaq Husain (2017): Exponentially accurate spectral element method for fourth order elliptic problems, Journal of Scientific Computing, Vol. 71, 303-328.
- P. Dutt, Akhlaq Husain, A.S. Vasudeva Murthy and C.S. Upadhyay (2016): h-p Spectral element methods for three dimensional elliptic problems on non-smooth domains, Part-III: Error Estimates, preconditioners, computational techniques and numerical results, Computers and Mathematics with Applications, Vol. 71, Issue (9), 1745-1771.
- S. Mohapatra and A. Husain (2016): Least-squares spectral element methods for 3D Stokes equations, Applied Numerical Mathematics, Vol. 102(C), 31-54.
- P. Dutt, Akhlaq Husain, A.S. Vasudeva Murthy and C.S. Upadhyay (2015): h-p Spectral element methods for three dimensional elliptic problems on non-smooth domains, Part-I: Regularity Estimates and Stability Theorem, Proceedings: Mathematical Sciences, Vol. 125, Issue 2, 239-270.
- P. Dutt, Akhlaq Husain, A.S. Vasudeva Murthy and C.S. Upadhyay (2015): h-p Spectral element methods for three dimensional elliptic problems on non-smooth domains, Part-II: Proof of the Stability Theorem, Proceedings: Mathematical Sciences, Vol. 125, Issue 3, 413-447.
- P. Dutt, Akhlaq Husain, A.S. Vasudeva Murthy and C.S. Upadhyay (2014): h-p Spectral element methods for three dimensional elliptic problems on non-smooth domains, Applied Mathematics and Computation, Vol. 234, 13-35.
- Swiss Government Excellence Post-doctoral Scholarship 2016-2017 by the Govt. of Switzerland to be carried out at the University of Geneva (awarded for September 2017-August 2018).
- December 2015 ERCIM ABCDE Post-doctoral Fellowship awarded by the European Union (awarded for May 2016-April 2017).
- August 2010 NBHM Post-Doctoral Fellowship (No. 2/40(21)/2010-R&D-II/8104) from the National Board of Higher Mathematics (NBHM), Department of Atomic Energy (DAE).
- Junior Research Fellowship (Aug 2004- Jul 2006) from the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi, INDIA.
- Senior Research Fellowship (Aug 2006- Jul 2009) from the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi, INDIA
- Passed GATE-2004 exam in Mathematics discipline with AIR 45.
- Third prize for presenting a paper in the National Meet of Research Scholars in Mathematical Sciences (NMRSMS) held at IIT Kanpur during Oct 30-Nov 03 2007.
- Letter of appreciation from the Director, IIT Kanpur for being an extra ordinary tutor for MTH-101N course in the 1st semester during the session 2007−2008.
- Least-squares conforming h-p spectral element methods for three dimensional elliptic problems on non-smooth do mains using parallel computers.
- Title: Mathematical modelling of stationary heat diffusion in heterogeneous materials
Project No.: MTR/2019/000051
Funding Agency: MATRICS Scheme, Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), New Delhi.