Connect with Us
Enquiry for Admission
Dr. Ashley Rockenbach Associate Professor
- School School of Liberal Studies
- Email email@example.com
- Graduation In: B.A., magna cum laude, History
- Graduation From: University of California, Riverside
- Graduation Year: 2005
- Post Graduation In: M.A., African History
- Post Graduation From: University of Michigan
- Post Graduation Year: 2011
- Doctorate In: Ph.D., African History
- Doctorate From: University of Michigan
- Doctorate Year: 2018
|From - To (Year)||Designation & Organization|
|2017 - 2022||Teacher, Bard High School Early College-Manhattan|
|2015 - 2017||Pre-Doctoral Fellow, Carter G. Woodson Institute for African and African American Studies, University of Virginia|
|2014 - 2015||Institute for Migration & Ethnicity Studies, University of Amsterdam|
- “Accounting for the Past: A history of refugee status determination in Uganda and its implications for contemporary protection.” In UNHCR and the Struggle for Accountability: Technology, Law & Results-Based Management. Kristin Bergtora Sandvik and Katja Lindskov Jacobsen, eds. Pp. 119-37. London: Routledge.
- Natalie Bond, Ashley Rockenbach, Edgar Taylor. “Archives and the Past: Cataloguing and Digitization in Uganda’s Archives.” In African Studies in the Digital Age: DisConnects? T. Barringer and M. Wallace, et al. Pp. 163-78. Leiden: Brill Publishers.
- University of Chicago Outstanding Educator Award, 2021
- Carter G. Woodson Institute Pre-Doctoral Fellowship, 2015 - 2017
- Margaret Ayers Host Award, Rackham Graduate School, University of Michigan, 2014.
- Rackham International Research Award, University of Michigan, 2012
- Graduate Seminar in Global Transformations Grant, Center for International and Comparative Studies, University of Michigan, 2010-2011.