- School School of Management
- Department/Programme Management
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
I have completed a Ph.D. with two postgraduate degrees, one in Finance and another in Economics with Econometrics and Actuarial Economics: Theory and Practice as elective papers. I have completed one “Postdoctoral Research Fellowship” sponsored by the University Grants Commission of India (UGC India) in Economics. My area of study in the Ph.D. and the Postdoctoral level was in the field of Agricultural and Food Industrial Organization. I mainly concentrated on the strategic interactions among the small traders, large traders, and small farmers. I have used the theory of games and industrial organization as theoretical methodology and Econometrics for empirical analysis. My research interest lies in the fields of Industrial Organization, Vertical Restraints, Competition Policy, Applied Fuzzy Mathematics, Economic Theory, Decision Theory, Computational Economics and Game Theory, etc. I worked in the interdisciplinary field, especially in the field of “Network Science”. I prefer to do theoretical research. Understanding the changing economic theories is my area of interest. For the last a few years I have been doing research in “New Nonlinear Pricing strategy”, identification of the model of vertical restraints in Indian Agriculture etc. I got international Publications. At present I have completed research in two important topics one “on the measurement of the cartel in auction markets” and “on Indivisibility of labour”. I taught Mathematical Economics, Economic Growth Theories and Dynamic Economic Theories, Probability Theory and Applications,Real Analysis and its application,Operations Research, Microeconomics, Quantitative Techniques for the last five years. Mainly I prefer to teach mathematically. Before taking formal lecture I start with the methodology to understand economic theory, for example, optimization (static and dynamic), dynamic programming, real analysis, etc. Some topics require some special methodology, to start teaching those theories it is required to teach methods first. For example, to teach firm behaviour we need to know, optimization technique. Therefore, I would start teaching first the theory of optimization. Thereafter to have a solution or optima we need to know another technique called real analysis say the concepts of continuity, compactness etc. Then I would start teaching the theory of firm behaviour. At the end applications of these theories I would be showing through practical cases. Therefore, my teaching plan consists of three important components, viz. methodology-theory-application.To teach we need to use different books, research articles, etc. It would be difficult for the students who have started studying the subject for the first time straight from the research articles, books etc. It is true that from my observation in recent times that the reading habits of the students have reduced. Therefore, referring to books, research articles might not be a suitable method of teaching pedagogy. Therefore, what I was doing for the last a few years and would be doing is that, I prepare study materials for the students in simple language with assignments, problems and solutions. Students would start learning from my lecture, then my study materials and then the references. It is my experience that using these methods not only increases the understanding of the students, but also the students’ interest in reading.Lastly,a presentation on a particular topic or a case study on a given issue is also helpful.
- Mathematical Economics
- Real Analysis and its application
- Probability Theory and Applications
- Operations Research
- Macroeconomics and Growth Theories
- Actuaries and Finance.
- Graduation In: Commerce
- Graduation From: University of Calcutta
- Graduation Year: 2006
- Post Graduation In: Commerce (Specialization: Finance)
- Post Graduation From: The University of Burdwan
- Post Graduation Year: 2008
- Post Graduation In: Economics(Specialization: Econometrics and Actuarial Economics: Theory and Practice)
- Post Graduation From: Indira Gandhi National Open University (A Central University of India)
- Post Graduation Year: 2012
- Doctorate In: Commerce
- Doctorate From: The University of Burdwan
- Doctorate Year: 2015
- Post Doctorate In: Economics
- Post Doctorate From: Rabindranath Tagore Centre for Human Development Studies, Institute of Development Studies Kolkata, University of Calcutta, sponsored by the University Grants Commission of India (UGC India).
- Post Doctorate Year: 2016
|12.05.2017-04.04.2020||Assistant Professor(Economics), Symbiosis School of Economics (SSE), Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, Symbiosis International (Deemed University).||1. 14.05.2015-13.05.2016-Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, Rabindranath Tagore Centre for Human Development Studies, Institute of Development Studies Kolkata, University of Calcutta (Sponsored by UGC). 2. 04.08.2010-23.10.2010-Post Graduate Teacher (PGT) in Commerce, Kendriya vidyalaya Cossipore, Kolkata. 3. 04.05.2018-31.10.2018-Academic staff, Subject Expert and “Visiting Faculty” in Mathematical Analysis, at Symbiosis Statistical Institute, Symbiosis International (Deemed University). 4. 01.11.2018-31.03.2019-Academic staff, Subject Expert and “Visiting Faculty” in Probability Theory and Applications at Symbiosis Statistical Institute, 5. 01.06.2019-31.10.2019-Academic staff, Subject Expert and “Visiting Faculty” in Mathematical Analysis, at Symbiosis Statistical Institute, Symbiosis International (Deemed University). 6. 12.05.201704.04.2020-Academic staff, Subject Expert, Lead, Support & Backup Centre for Quantitative Learning and Applications,Symbiosis School of Economics (SSE),Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, Symbiosis International (Deemed University). 7.01.08.2014-30.04.2017 - Guest Lecturer in Economics, Seth Anandram Jaipuria College (Morning), University of Calcutta. 188.8.131.521-20.11.2012 -Visiting Faculty in Quantitative Methods: Statistics, Operations Research; Research Methodology. International Institute of Management Sciences, Kolkata. 9. 05.11.2011-20.11.2012 -Visiting Faculty in Quantitative Methods: Statistics, Operations Research; Research Methodology.International Institute of Management Sciences, Kolkata,Distance Learning Division. 10. 2017-2019-Subject expert for Mathematics and Statistics in Symbiosis College of Arts and Commerce affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University. 11. 2018-2020- core faculty member of Symbiosis Centre for Behavioural Studies, Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM), 12. 2017-2020- a faculty member at Centre for Quantitative Learning and Applications and Centre for Experimental and Behavioral Economics of Symbiosis School of Economics (SSE).|
- Economic Theory, Decision Theory, Computational Economics and Game Theory.
1. Reviewed a paper for Electronic Commerce Research, 2020.
2. Reviewed a paper for Economic Modelling, ELSEVIER,2019
3. Reviewed a paper for International Journal of Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Marketing, John Wiley & Sons. This review report has been archived and indexed at Publons,2018
4. Reviewed book chapters for an edited book “”Maintaining Financial Stability in Times of Risk and Uncertainty,”” and will be published by IGI Global,2018
5. Rewiewed a few papers for a conference called SIMSARC 2018, SIMS 9th Annual International Research Conference,2018.