- School Schools of Engineering and Technology
- Department/Programme B.Tech CS
- Position (additional roles) Mentor to Savera Club
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Gabrani spent around three decades working in higher education. Her focus has been on strategic planning of academic programmes, deployment of innovative teaching pedagogies, student engagement, and interaction with other research centers/labs to enhance mutual participation by taking up more design oriented and real-world projects thereby contributing to the technical growth of the University.
- Computer Networks
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Computer Programming in C
- Software Engineering
- Fundamental of Computers
- Microprocessor Based System Design
- Fundamentals of Digital Logic
- Enterprise Resource and Planning
- Graduation In: B.E
- Graduation From: Delhi College of Engineering (now Delhi Technological University)
- Graduation Year: 1984
- Post Graduation In: M.E
- Post Graduation From: Delhi College of Engineering (now Delhi Technological University)
- Post Graduation Year: 1990
- Doctorate In: PhD, Faculty of Technology
- Doctorate From: University of Delhi
- Doctorate Year: 2002
|From - To (Year)||Designation & Organization|
|2014-current||Professor, Dr. Brij Mohan Lal University|
|2010-2014||Chief Advisor, (IT, CSR, Training & Education Initiatives)-HPCL|
|2007-2010||IT Consultant- Dr. BLKM Hospital|
|2006-2007||Professor – Delhi College of Engineering|
|1998-2006||Associate Professor – Delhi College of Engineering|
|1986-1998||Assistant Professor– Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology|
|1984-1986||Assistant Engineer Computer Technology – HCL|
- Distributed Computing
- Data Analytics
- Transformation of Engineering Education with a higher emphasis on Student Engagement
- Goldie Gabrani and Anshul Kwatra, “Machine Learning based Predictive Model for Risk Assessment of Employee Attrition”, The18th International Conference on Computational Science and Its Applications (ICCSA 2018), Melbourne, July 2018.
- Ravin Ahuja and Goldie Gabrani, “Cloud Providing On Demand Storage Services Enforcing Techno Commercial Service Level Agreement for an improved QoS”, International Conference on Computing Networking and Informatics (ICCNI), Covenant University, Nigeria 2017.
- Goldie Gabrani and Sunil Gupta, “Real Time Sensor Grid based Secured Health Care Monitoring” IEEE Sponsored SAI international conference, London, 2017.
- Goldie Gabrani, Andrew Solomon and Utkarsh Dviwedi, “Teaching Pedagogies Used in Higher Education for Better Learning Outcomes”, Journal of Engineering Education Transformations, Special Issue, eISSN 2394-1707 2016.
- Goldie Gabrani, Sangeeta Sabharwal and Viomesh Singh, “Artificial Intelligence Based Recommender Systems: A Survey, ICACDS 2016, International Conference on Advances in Computing and Data Sciences, UP India, 2016 .
- Goldie Gabrani, Andrew Solomon and Utkarsh Dviwedi, “Handwritten Statement Analysis Using Neural Networks”, Special Session on Advancement of Artificial Intelligence in Communication & Signal Processing at International Conference on Signal Processing, Communication, Power & Embedded System (SCOPES), Odisha 2016.
- Goldie Gabrani and Sunil Gupta, “A dynamic two level priority based authentication system for job scheduling in a heterogeneous grid environment”, IEEE Sponsored SAI International Conference”, London July 2016.
- R. Ahuja, G. Gabrani and A. De, “SLA Based Scheduler for Cloud for Storage & Computational Services”, International Conference on Computational Science and its Applications Santander, Spain, June 2011.
- R. Ahuja, G. Gabrani and A. De, “An Economy Based Storage Grid Federation with a Decentralized Scheduling Technique”, International Conference, (ICCSA 2010), Fukuoka, Japan, March 2010.
- R. Ahuja, G. Gabrani and A. De, “A Scheduler for Economy Based Grid with Negotiations and Penal Clause for Execution Failures Assuring Enhanced Service Commitments”, International Journal of Computer Science and Software Technology, Vol. 3 No. 1 Page 13-20, January-June 2010.
- R. Ahuja, G. Gabrani and A. De, “Negotiation Based Advance Reservation Priority Grid Scheduler With A Penal Clause For Execution Failures”, Computer and Information Sciences, (ISCIS 2009), 24th International Symposium on Computer and Information Sciences, organized by the Middle East Technical University, METU Northern Cyprus Campus, September 14-16, 2009.
- R. Ahuja, G. Gabrani and A. De, “Dynamic Meta Scheduler for An SLA Based Storage Grid”, International Conference Applications of Digital Information and Web Technologies, 2009 (ICADIWT '09), Second International Conference, London, Aug. 4-6 2009.
- G. Gabrani and Siddharth Wighe, “An Optimized Dependency Eliminating Space-Shared Scheduling Algorithm”, International Conference on Grid Computing and Applications, GCA'07, Las Vegas, USA, June 2007.
- G. Gabrani, Siddharth Wighe and Saurabh Bhardwaj, “A Taxonomic Bit-Manipulation Approach to Genetic Problem Solving”, National Conference Vision 06 on High Performance Computing, Govt. College of Engineering, Tirunelveli, Tamil Nadu, India, April 2006.
- P. C. Saxena, G. Gabrani, P. Ahuja, K. Gulati and P. Jain, “A Priority Based Approach To Mutual Exclusion Algorithms In Distributed Systems”, Journal of the CSI, Vol. 35, No. 2, pp. 24-37, April-June 2005.
- P. C. Saxena, D. R. Choudhury and G. Gabrani, “DSTP-AN: A Distributed System for Transaction Processing Based on Data Resource Migration in ATM Networks”, Computing and Informatics, Vol. 23, No. 3 pp. 255-285, 2004.
- G. Gabrani and Tushar Mulkar, “A Quad-Tree Based Algorithm For Processor Allocation In 2D Mesh-Connected Multicomputers”, Computer Standards and Interfaces, Vol. 27, No. 2, pp. 133-147, 2004.
- G. Gabrani and Abhishek Khare, “An Algorithm For Task Scheduling In Heterogeneous Computing Environment”, IETE Journal of Education, Vol. 45, No 5, pp. 123-134, July-Sept. 2004.
- G. Gabrani, “A Distributed Queue Approach to Resource Locations in Broadband Distributed Computing Environments”, Computer Standards and Interfaces, Elsevier, Vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 1-18, Nov. 2004.
- P. C. Saxena, D. R. Choudhury and G. Gabrani, “A Delay Optimal Algorithm to Locate and Migrate Data Resources in Broadband Networks”, Computer Communications, Vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 103-112, Feb. 2003.
- P. C. Saxena, D. R. Choudhury, S. Gupta, G. Gabrani, M. Bhardwaj and M. Chopra, “A Heuristic Approach to Resource Locations in Broadband Networks, Journal of Network and Computer Applications”, Vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 1-35, Jan. 2002.
- P. C. Saxena, D. R. Choudhury, G. Gabrani and S. Gupta, “A Scheme for Managing Resource Locations in Broadband Networks”, Computer Standards and Interfaces, Vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 399-427, Nov. 2001.
- P. C. Saxena, S. Gupta and G. Gabrani, “A Location Chasing Algorithm for Migratory Data Resources in ATM Networks”, International Journal of Information and Computing Science, Vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 1-28, Dec. 2000.
- P. C. Saxena, S. Gupta and G. Gabrani, “A Security Model to Support Data Resource Migration”, CSI Journal of Informatics, Vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 21-29, Dec. 2000.
- B. Kumar and G. Gabrani, “Realization of FIR Hilbert Transformers as Taylor Structure”, IETE Journal of Research, Vol. 46, no. 182, pp. 69-76, Jan.-April 2000.
- B. Kumar and G. Gabrani, “Design of Normally Flat FIR Hilbert Transformers as Taylor Realization”, International Journal of Circuit Theory and Applications, Vol. 27, pp. 447-454, April 1999.
- G. Gabrani, B. N. Mishra and B. Kumar, “Computer Controlled Information Display System (CCIDS)”, IETE Technical Review, Vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 32-44, Jan.-Feb. 1995.
- K. R. Raveendra and G. Gabrani, “Continuous Phase Shift Keying (CPFSK) - Coherent Receiver, Part-1”, IETE Technical Review, Vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 32-44, Jan.-Feb. 1995.
- K. R. Raveendra and G. Gabrani, “Phase-Continuous Chirp Spread-Spectrum Signals in a Non-Gaussian Noise Environment”, International Journal of Electronics, UK Vol. 75, no. 1, pp. 1-25, May 1993.
- B. N. Mishra and G. Gabrani, “CAE Software for Control Systems”, International Conference on Computer and Automation held at Jachranka, Poland.
- G. Gabrani, K. R. Raveendra and A. K. Sinha, “Spread Spectrum in Impulsive Interference” National Symposium on Emerging Trends in Communication Technology, University of Jodhpur, March 1990.
- Expert member of JAC GGSIP University.
- Expert member for the development of XI year plan of Deptt of IT, Govt. of Delhi.
- Expert member for computerization of weights and measurements department, bureau of Indian Standards, Govt. of Delhi.
- Selected as an expert member for commonwealth games 2010.
- On panel of ACM Special Interest Group on Computer Science Education in India (ACM-ISIGCSE).
- ‘Best Technical Paper of the year 2005’, G. Gabrani and Abhishek Khare, “An Algorithm for Task Scheduling in Heterogeneous Computing Environment”, IETE Journal of Education, Vol. 45, No 5, , pp. 123-134, July-Sept. 2004.
- ‘Best Technical Paper of the year 1994’, K. R. Raveendra and G. Gabrani, “Continuous Phase Shift Keying (CPFSK)- Coherent Receiver, Part-1”, IETE Student Journal, vol. 35, no. 182, pp. 23-34, Jan.-June 94.
- ‘Alumni Entrepreneur Excellence Award' given by DTU (formerly DCE) 2012.
- Project Coordinator for the AICTE sponsored project on Microprocessors, Education Research and Training (MERT).
- Co-Investigator in the Information Security Education and Awareness Programme (ISEA) project by Ministry of IT, Govt. of India.
- DCTTTM: This project involved Design, Calibration and Validation of Technical Hiring and Technical Training Methodology, Content and Tools in the area of computer networks, operating systems, and computer hardware.
- Design and Development of an industrial project, ‘Computer Controlled, Microprocessor Based Information Display System’.
- Design and Development of software as well as hardware of Dynamic Balancing Machines.