- School Schools of Engineering and Technology
- Department/Programme Civil
- Position (additional roles) Area Head – Civil Engineering
- Email email@example.com
Dr. Kamal Kant Jain completed Integrated Dual Degree Course in Civil Engineering [B. Tech. + M. Tech. (Structural Engineering)] from IIT Bombay in 2007 and was awarded prestigious Institute Silver Medal for excellent academic performance (1st rank in class). Subsequently, Dr. Jain earned his Ph.D. degree from Department of Civil Engineering at IIT Delhi (2014).
Dr. Jain has served in various roles in both industry and academia, and the diverse experiences have immensely helped him to develop a broader perspective. Sometimes, he has also provided freelance services as Academic/ Research (Technical) consultant. However, Dr. Jain is most proud for the assistance he offers as friend and family. Dr. Jain loves being known and addressed as “KK”.
- Mechanics of Solids
- Structural Analysis
- Advanced Structural Analysis
- Design of Concrete Structures
- Project Planning and Construction Management
- *Life Cycle Assessment for Construction Industry
- *Green Buildings and Sustainable Infrastructure Development * Course for PhD student(s)
- Graduation In: B. Tech. - Civil Engineering
- Graduation From: Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB)
- Graduation Year: 2007
- Post Graduation In: M. Tech. - Structural Engineering (Integrated Dual Degree)
- Post Graduation From: Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB)
- Post Graduation Year: 2010
- Doctorate In: Ph.D. - Construction Mgmt. / Concrete Technology
- Doctorate From: Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IITD)
- Doctorate Year: 2014
|From - To (Year)||Designation & Organization|
|Jan,2017 – till date||Assistant Professor Department of Civil Engineering, SoET, BML Munjal University|
|Sep, 2016 – Dec 2016||Adjunct Assistant Professor Department of Civil Engineering, SoET, BML Munjal University|
|Jun, 2015 – Dec, 2015||Assistant Professor Department of Civil Engineering, ASET, Amity University Noida|
|Mar, 2015 - May, 2015||Chief Technical Officer (CTO) Cortex Construction Solutions Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi|
|Jun, 2014 – Nov, 2014||Post-Doctoral Research Fellow Department of Civil Engineering Curtin University, Perth, Australia|
|May, 2008 – Feb, 2014||Project Scientist Department of Civil Engineering, IIT Delhi|
|Jul, 2007 – Dec, 2007||Business Analyst marketRx India Pvt. Ltd., Gurgaon|
- Concrete Technology
- Construction Management
- Structural Condition Assessment
- Deterioration in Reinforced Concrete (RC) Structures
- Application of Data Analytics in Construction Industry
- Green Buildings, Sustainable Infrastructure, Life Cycle Assessment
- Mukherjee, A., and Jain, K.K. (2015), “Performance of the FRPC Rehabilitated RC Beam-Column Joints subjected to Cyclic Loading”, The Indian Concrete Journal, Sp. Issue on Concrete Research, Pages 48-59.
- Tirpude, N.P., Jain, K.K., and Bhattacharjee, B. (2014), “Decision Model for Repair Priority of Reinforced- Concrete Structures”, ASCE Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities, Vol. 28, Issue 2, Pages 250-256.
- Mukherjee, A., and Jain, K.K. (2013), “A Semi-Analytical Model of Cyclic Behavior of Reinforced Concrete Joints Rehabilitated with FRP”, Advances in Structural Engineering, Vol. 16, Issue 12, Pages 2019-2034.
- Jain, K.K., and Bhattacharjee, B. (2012), “Visual Inspection and Condition Assessment of Structures [VICAS]: An Innovative Tool for Structural Condition Assessment”, International Journal of 3 R’s (Repair, Restoration and Renewal of Built Environment), Vol. 3, Issue 1, Pages 349-357.
- Jain, K.K., and Bhattacharjee, B. (2012), “Application of Fuzzy Concepts to the Visual Assessment of Deteriorating Reinforced Concrete Structures”, ASCE Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, Vol. 138, Issue 3, Pages 399-408.
- Choudhary, G.R., Jain, K.K., Jha, K.N., and Bhattacharjee, B. (2011), “Condition Assessment of Reinforced Concrete Structures: Reliability of Some Commonly Practiced In-Situ Techniques”, International Journal of 3 R’s (Repair, Restoration and Renewal of Built Environment), Vol. 2, Issue 2, Pages 241-245.
- Mitra, G., Jain, K.K., and Bhattacharjee, B. (2010), “Condition Assessment of Corrosion Distressed Reinforced Concrete Buildings using Fuzzy Logic”, ASCE Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities, Vol. 24, Issue 6, Pages 562-570.
- Jain, K.K., Bera, S., and Bhattacharjee, B., “Corrosion Induced Crack Propagation in Reinforced Concrete Elements” In Proceedings: “Fourth International fib Congress: Improving Performance of Concrete Structures”, 10-14 February 2014, Mumbai, India, Pages 59-65.
- Jain, K.K., Bera, S., and Bhattacharjee, B., “Modelling of Reinforcement Corrosion Induced Cover Cracking - Some Insights and Recommendations” In Proceedings: “International Conference on Trends and Challenges in Concrete Structures”, 19-21 December 2013, Ghaziabad, India, Pages 647-657.
- Jain, K.K., and Bhattacharjee, B., “Framework for Repair Prioritization in Deteriorating Reinforced Concrete (RC) Structures”, In Proceedings: “UKIERI Concrete Congress - Innovations in Concrete Construction”, 05-08 March 2013, Jalandhar, India, Pages 1408-1418.
- Jain, K.K., and Bhattacharjee, B., “Predictive Models for Deteriorating Reinforced Concrete Structures”, In Proceedings: “International Conference on Rehabilitation and Restoration of Structures”, 13-16 February 2013, Chennai, India, Pages 475-485.
- Mukherjee, A., and Jain, K.K., “Multiscale Models of FRC Reinforced Concrete Beam-Column Joints Subjected to Cyclic Loads”, In Proceedings: “National Workshop on Structural Health Monitoring, Non-Destructive Evaluation and Retrofitting of Structures”, 07-08 March 2008, Delhi, India, Pages 326-366.
- Institute Silver Medal at IIT Bombay for securing 1st rank (highest CGPA) in class
- Life member of Indian Concrete Institute (ICI)
- Associate member of American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)