- School School of Law
- Position (additional roles) Assistant Professor
- Email email@example.com
Vivek is an Assistant Professor of Law. Before coming to BMU, he was a Research Scholar at the University of California, Davis. At Davis, he worked on the projects of UN Human Rights in the field of cultural rights with the Special Rapporteur Karima Bennoune. At Davis, he also worked on the legal implication of autonomous weapon systems and drones.
His ongoing research project includes setting up a legal regime for an autonomous weapon system. He has extensive research and publication experience in legal issues relating to National Security, international humanitarian law, international law, and privacy law.
His doctoral dissertation examined the role of LOAC, targeted killing, international law, and privacy law the role of international law in regulating drones. While at the University of Kansas School of law he worked as a research assistant and teaching assistant.
He was a board member of the King Hall International Law Association at UC Davis. He served as a judge for the Pritikin Award at UC Davis Journal of International Law and Policy and on the editorial board of the UC Davis Business Law Journal during his LLM.
- Law of Torts
- International Law
- International Humanitarian Law
- National Security
- Graduation In: Bachelor of Commerce
- Graduation From: University of Delhi
- Graduation In: BA LL.B
- Graduation From: UILMS, MD University
- Post Graduation In: LLM
- Post Graduation From: University of California, USA,
- Post Graduation In: Dissertation: Drones: The Role of LOAC, Targeted Killing, International Law and Privacy Law.
- Doctorate In: Doctor of Judicial Science (S.J.D.)
- Doctorate From: University of Kansas, Lawrence, USA
- International law
- Autonomous weapon systems
- National security
- Privacy Law
- Article Publication
- Liability Issue of Domestic Drones, 35 Santa Clara High Tech. L.J. 110 (2018)
- Reforming the World Bank to Transform India 10 NUJS L. Rev. 3 (2017)
- Legal Status of Drones Under LOAC and International Law, 5 Penn. St. J.L. & Int'l Aff. 164 (2017)
- Autonomous Weapon System: LOAC and Other Legal Challenges, The Computer Law & Security Review EVISE (UK), Volume 33, Issue I, February 2017
- Chapter Publication
- Chapter: “Changing Horizon of Modern Weaponry in South Asia: A Legal Survey” in the book Shifting Horizons of Public International Law a South Asia Perspective (2018)