- School Schools of Engineering and Technology
- Department/Programme Mechanical
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Lalit Kumar Sharma is a faculty member in the department of Mechanical Engg. (School of Engineering & Technology) at BMU Munjal University, Gurugram. He belongs to Mandi, Himachal Pradesh. He has more than 6 years of experience. He is also Faculty In-charge Sports at the university. He holds various academic merit positions. His research area is cutting tool coatings and machining performance studies. Prior to joining BMU, he was working with Northern India Engineering College, New Delhi as an Assistant Professor in MAE department.
- Workshop Practice
- Manufacturing Processes
- Automobile Engineering
- Material Science
- Engineering CAD
- Graduation In: B.Tech. (Mechanical Engineering)
- Graduation From: Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar
- Graduation Year: 2011
- Post Graduation In: M.Tech., Mechanical Engineering (Manufacturing and Automation)
- Post Graduation From: Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak
- Post Graduation Year: 2015
- Doctorate In: Mechanical Engineering (Manufacturing Engineering)
- Doctorate From: BML Munjal University, Gurugram
- Doctorate Year: 2018-2022
|From - To (Year)||Designation & Organization||Core Competency||Additinal Exp. Details|
|2012-2013||GET, Global Autotech Ltd. (Subros Group)||Quality Assurance and Design||-|
|2015-2016||Assistant Professor, Arya Group of Colleges, Jaipur||Teaching and Research||-|
|2016-2017||Assistant Professor, Northern India Engineering College, New Delhi||Teaching and Research||Guest Faculty|
|2017-Till date||Faculty Associate, BML Munjal University, Gurugram||Teaching and Research||Faculty In-charge Sports, PS Faculty mentor, Member of Siemens Center of Excellence|
- Machinability studies of materials
- Cutting tool wear studies
- Optimization of process parameters
- Cutting tool coatings
- Completed one week GIAN course on ‘Perspectives of Machining- Present and Future’ conducted by NIT Jalandhar during June, 2019.
- Achieved Coursera verified certification in the course ‘Intelligent Machining’ from The State University of New York during June, 2019.
- NPTEL Elite+Gold (Second Position) cum FDP certification on ‘Introduction to Machining and Machining Fluids’ course conducted by IIT Guwahati during April, 2019.
- Achieved Edx verified certification in the course ‘Introduction to CNC’ from Tenaris University during April, 2018.
- Attended BMU-Fraunhofer joint workshop on “Advanced Manufacturing & Lightweight Technology” during February, 2018.
- Attended FDP on ‘Induction Program on Teaching’ by NITTTR Chandigarh at BML Munjal University during September, 2017.
- NPTEL Elite certification on ‘Product design and Development’ course conducted by IIT Roorkee during March, 2017.
- Attended National workshop on ‘Advance Hybrid Materials Processing Technology’ at ASET Bijwasan New Delhi, 2017
- Attended TEQIP sponsored FDP program on ‘Recent development & challenges in materials and manufacturing’ at DTU Delhi, 2016
- Attended Course on ‘Modeling and Simulation using FEM’ at IIT Mandi, 2014
- Diploma in Mechanical CADD from CADD CENTRE, Chandigarh using AutoCAD and CATIA V5 softwares in 2010.
- "Interrupted Machining Studies on Aluminum 6063 Alloys", DREFT-2020 at MEC, Haryana
- "Study the Effect of Post Coating Treatments on the Erosive Wear Behavior of Cr3C2-NiCr DS Coating", International Conference on Advanced Production and Industrial Engineering at DTU, 2016.
- "Application of design of experiment technique for optimization of machining process parameters: A Review", International Conference on Recent Trends in Mechanical Engineering at DTU, 2016.
- Member of International Association of Engineers
- Ex-member of Institution of Mechanical Engineers, UK