The minimum educational qualifications for admission to the Ph.D. programme are as follows:
- 4 years B.Sc. / B.Tech. / B.E. degree with a minimum of 75% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade on a point scale.
- A 1-year/2-semester master’s degree programme after a 4-year/8-semester bachelor’s degree programme or a 2-year/4-semester master’s degree programme after a 3-year bachelor’s degree programme or qualifications declared equivalent to the master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in a point scale.
- Candidates who have completed the M.Phil. programme with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade on a point scale.
- Equivalent qualification from a foreign educational institution accredited by an assessment and accreditation agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country to assess, accredit or assure quality and standards of the educational institution.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/ Differently-Abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) candidates and other categories of candidates as per the UGC guidelines from time to time.