Best Media & PR Agencies To Start Your Career After MBA In Marketing
by bml-blog June 4, 2019
In the past, MBA was only regarded as the best postgraduate degree for ‘numbers people’. But now an MBA is relevant and vital in all sectors including marketing.According to the Monster.com contributing writer Jennifer deJong, the phrase ‘MBA preferred’ in job listings gets a lot of importance.The reason behind the recruiters stating this phrase in their requirements is because MBA graduates are considered fit for supervising various aspects of a business.If you are considering to pursue a full-time MBA course, you must know how benefitted you would be in the near future, ascertaining the bigger picture.If you are yet to choose a specialization or keen to select marketing as your desired specialization, then you must know why this specialization is such a huge hit among MBA aspirants.For instance, you will enjoy higher salaries and after a few years, you would be invited into senior management and executive positions.
Enquire Now for AdmissionsMBA in marketing helps you to gain financial security with a prestigious job role and the skills you would acquire during the course will also help you to excel at your workplace.But after pursuing an MBA in marketing, in which sectors do you want to establish your career? Marketing candidates have ample of advantages over other MBA students because ‘they are tailored for every industry’.Do you want to get into the usual sectors which most students aspire for or you want to set a unique career path for yourself?Do you know that the media and PR industry relies hugely upon marketing professionals? No contrary to the popular opinion, the media sector does not only recruit media management students but they also favor marketing fresher up to a considerable extent.If you are intrigued to know more, then below are some of the media and PR agencies which recruit marketing candidates just after they complete their course:
- ABP groupABP or the Ananda Bazar Patrika Group is an Indian media conglomerate which is headquartered in the city of Kolkata in India. It was initially established in 1922 and has been running successfully till the present day. The ABP group is most famous for owing ABP News which was previously called Star News before being acquired by the ABP group.The group also has certain other regional news channels under its wings like ABP Ananda, ABP Sanjha, ABP Majha, etc.ABP recruits marketing students of both the fresher and experienced category and the work culture is very dynamic which attracts the students freshly passed from college.
- India Today GroupThe India Today Group is called the fortnightly Indian but English language news magazine. It was founded by the brand of Living Media. Most individuals recognise this media group, by its news channel the ‘India Today’ news channel but it was established almost recently, that is in 2015. The organisation was founded by Vidya Villas Purie, the owner of Thomson Press in 1975.At present, the publication of India Today is not only limited to the English language, but it releases news daily in regional languages including Tamil, Malayalam, Hindi, Telugu, and Kannada. Today it is also the proud owner of a new opinion-oriented website, the DailyO.So not only is the media house confined to newspapers and news it also has similar interests in magazines, television, printing, and internet.If after completing your MBA in marketing you are keen in getting offers from media houses then you should definitely apply to the India Today Group and if selected you would garner considerable industrial exposure during your working period.
- Ogilvy & Mather LtdIf you think you have the potential to accomplish an international venture just after passing out from your B-school, then do not wait anymore and apply to the vacancies of this international advertising agency headquartered in the New York City. The agency has now spread its branches in India so initially, you might be recruited at any of the Indian offices.Ogilvy & Mather is a global network which is deeply connected and it is being considered as the country’s most awarded as well the largest advertising agency.The agency is mostly recognized for its work with top brands like IBM, KFC, Dove, and American Express. The enterprise like most media organizations is always in the hunt for young and spontaneous professionals who will uplift the business.
- Mudra Communications LtdMudra Communications is a part of India’s first and largest integrated marketing communications agency, the DDB worldwide communications group.It is now known by the name of DDB Mudra and it is owned by the Omnicom group which is one of the world’s largest advertising companies.The group also own the Mudra Institute of Communication in Ahmadabad which is India’s first institution dedicated to advertising and communication studies.It was established in the year 1980 and since then it has emerged in headlines for its partnership with brands like Volkswagen, Dabur, Castrol, Gulf oil, etc.
- McCann-Erickson India LtdCurrently known as McCann, it is a global advertising agency of American origin which is spread across 120 countries.But the brand has not limited its operations in advertising sector; rather it includes several other agencies, including a healthcare marketing group and an experimental marketing agency.At present, it is considered to be one of the largest advertising holders in the world along with agency networks, FCB and MullenLowe, forming the Interpublic Group Of Companies.The company is very popular among MBA marketing candidates due to its dynamic work culture. The brand has been attracting the attention of young freshers with its many unique and intensely real campaigns for famous brands like Loreal, Coca Cola, and even for metro trains in Melbourne, Australia.
- Chaitra Leo Burnett Pvt LtdNamed after an American advertising executive named Leo Burnett, it is an advertising agency of historical importance.The works of Leo Burnett include some of the most popular advertising characters of the 20th century like The Marlboro Man, Tony The Tiger, The Maytag repairmen, etc.All thanks to the founder, who was named as one of the 100 most influential people of the 20th century by the Time Magazine because he managed to garner long-lasting relationships with brands like Coca-cola, hallmark, and McDonald’s.The company which started with an initial capital of $50,000 and 8 employees in 1935, today is one of the largest advertising agencies of the world with offices spread across 69 countries.If you manage to get an offer from Chaitra Leo Burnett, do not waste it, as this is one of the grand job opportunities you will get in your lifetime. Every year, the company releases hiring notifications for MBA marketing students, so keep tabs on it.
- Economist GroupA multinational media company based in London, The economist group is best known for their newspaper The Economist. The Economist group specializes in world affairs, international business and has an interest in magazines, conferences, newspapers and market intelligence.It was initially founded in 1843 by John Wilson and since then it had been reaching heights. It also owns a couple of advertising agencies and market intelligence firms.As you can see, there is tremendous scope for fresher in this organisation. Here you would get ample chances to prove yourself by making the business reach heights. Keep a close look at the hiring details released by this agency not only on its official website but also on several job portals.
- The Hindu GroupIt is one of the most popular Indian newspapers which was started in 1878 and has been continuing successfully until this day. After the Times of India, it is the 2nd most circulated English language newspaper of India.The ownership of the newspaper and other associated publications are held by the family-held company, Kasturi and Sons Ltd. As of now, the company has established its offices in about 11 states.The newspaper was initially named as the Triplicane six and was founded by 2 teachers and 4 law students. Since its start, the newspaper published its news daily every day and has only stopped its publication during one occurrence, during the Chennai floods.The newspaper has foreign bureaus established in international locations like Moscow, Paris, London, Islamabad, Dhaka, Beijing and Kathmandu.This is popular news daily and it also recruits marketing freshers every year to smoothen its functions. Since its start, the Hindu has been managed by business families and thus the work ambiance is somewhat warm but dynamic.
- HT MediaIf you have always wanted to make your career in the media industry, then you can fulfil your dreams with HT Media an Indian mass media company. It is mostly recognized by its news daily, the Hindustan Times but it also has its holdings in digital and electronic media.This media house is always expanding; therefore it releases vacancies for MBA students almost every month.
ConclusionSo now that you know which are the media companies which will help you to fulfil your dreams, there is no stopping yourself from getting the most of the opportunities.
Best Media Companies Best Media Companies To Start Your Career