Computer Science Engineering: How BMU students dominate the field in 2023?
Engineering is one of the most popular and lucrative career options for STEM students after passing the 12th standard. With its roots widely spread in the majority of domains like Computer Science Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, etc., the career prospects in this field are immense.
According to Wikipedia, India produces over 15 lakh engineers every year and has the largest number of engineering education institutes and infrastructure in the world. There are over 100+ engineering specialisations in India today; however, Computer Science Engineering remains the top pick among most engineering aspirants.
That is because, with the IT sector experiencing a boom like never before, the demand for Computer Science Engineering experts is at an all-time high today. To put in the words of Forbes,
“The market for software engineers has been on a steep growth path and shows no sign of slowing down. Software engineering jobs are to increase by 22% by 2029, the highest projected growth rate of all other occupations combined.”
Even the advancement of new technologies like Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning will not affect the demand and need for software engineers, even up to the year 2050 — according to the International Journal of Information Technology and Language Studies (IJITLS).
As the demand for software engineers rapidly grows, so does the number of Computer Science Engineering courses. Many colleges and universities in India offer Undergraduate (UG) and Postgraduate (PG) level courses in Computer Science Engineering with a variety of specialisations such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Data Science, and so on. Of all those courses, B Tech CSE (B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering) is among the top choices for engineering aspirants at the UG level.
B Tech Computer Science Engineering — Your Gateway to Become a Computer Genius
B Tech CSE or Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science and Engineering is a four-year undergraduate course that integrates the fields of Computer Science and Computer Engineering. The programme is divided into eight semesters and primarily emphasises imparting theoretical and practical knowledge of computer hardware and software to students while also comprising the basics of computer programming, networking, and many other topics.
The B Tech CSE course is primarily opted by students who want to pursue their career as a Software Developer or Engineer and other similar roles in the Computer Science Engineering field. Therefore, all the subjects and topics covered in B Tech CSE revolve around computer software, hardware, programme design, computation, algorithms, programming languages, etc. Students pursuing B Tech CSE are taught about designing, implementing, and managing computer software and hardware.
B Tech Computer Science Engineering — Eligibility Criteria & Admission Process
Students who wish to enrol in B Tech CSE must meet the following minimum eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must pass the 10+2 standard or any other equivalent examination from any recognised board with an aggregate score of 55% or more. However, the percentage requirements may vary from one institute to another.
- They must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics compulsorily in Class 12. Studying Computer Science gives an added advantage.
While most colleges and universities in India follow an entrance-based admission process, many others also consider merit-based admissions. The most popular entrance exams for B Tech CSE are JEE Main, KCET, WBJEE, and many more.
Job Opportunities After B Tech Computer Science Engineering
The scope of jobs after BTech Computer Science is tremendously vast. After completing the course, candidates get recruited by top global IT companies like:
Some popular jobs after BTech Computer Science that students can take include:
- Software Developer/Engineer
- Web Designer/Developer
- System Engineer
- Design Engineer
- Application Developer
- Project Manager
- Software Tester
- Cyber Security Specialist
- Technology/Data Analyst
Students not only get lucrative jobs after BTech Computer Science but also acquire several skills required to sustain in today’s highly competitive market. These include:
- Critical thinking
The average annual starting salary offered to B Tech CSE graduates ranges between INR 5 and 15 Lakhs, depending on the candidate’s knowledge in the field.
Enquire Now for Admissions
BML Munjal University (BMU) – Producing Next-gen Computer Engineers Since Inception
To those who wish to explore the field of Computer Science Engineering and proactively contribute to a flourishing industry like IT, the School of Engineering & Technology (SoET) at BML Munjal University (BMU) has the right course for you. It’s none other than B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering. With an ideal mix of technical skills, soft skills and social awareness, the undergraduate course aims to provide students with practical knowledge in trending areas like:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Big Data Analytics
- Cyber Security
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Data Science
- Machine Learning (ML)
The CSE department at BML Munjal University (BMU) has taken several initiatives to keep the curriculum up-to-date with the latest industry requirements. It has collaborated with several industry partners that work jointly with the faculties, conduct live projects, and deliver guest lectures from time to time to expose students to industry culture and practices in popular domains like AI, ML, and Data Science. Some of these include:
- Sabudh Foundation
- Ativitti AI Technologies Pvt. Ltd
Moreover, the University has recently incorporated the Microsoft Intelligent Cloud Hub (ICH) programme into the B Tech CSE curriculum to help build students’ skills and expertise in cutting-edge technologies like Artificial Intelligence (AI), Cloud Computing, Internet of Things and Applied Data Science. Certification courses on these technologies will be offered to B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering students.
Apart from that, there are several other things that make BMU the best engineering college of choice for budding engineers:
- Experiential Learning: It is an integral part of the curriculum as projects/assignments. BMU spends up to 45% of contact hours to ensure that students get the best learning experience that is experiential, modern, and truly global.
- A Strong Focus on Skill Development: BMU helps the students pursuing B Tech CSE to develop and improve their creativity, problem-solving, analytical, critical thinking, Leadership, communication, and presentation skills.
- World-class Faculty: The faculty members at BML hail from prestigious national and international institutions such as IITs, IIMs, MIT, NLUs, and Stanford University.
- Hi-tech Labs: State-of-the-art Labs at the University enable students to build world-class, innovative solutions in real time. The Siemens Centre of Excellence (SCOE) has several advanced labs, such as Mechatronics Lab, Robotics Lab, Energy Efficiency Lab, and Centre for Advanced Materials.
- International Academic Alliances: BMU collaborates with renowned global institutions like Aston University, Singapore Management University, Kent State University, Carleton University, and many more to further augment the learning experience for students.
- A Sustainable Industry-academia Partnership: Top MNCs like Google, Deloitte, HCL, KPMG, CultGear, and EY regularly visit the campus for placement drives.
And on top of that, BMU also has a dedicated Career Guidance and Development Centre (CGDC) team that conducts engagement programmes to help students discover the best internship and placement opportunities in marquee companies in India and abroad. The highest CTC offered to students at the School of Engineering & Technology is Rs 33.60 LPA for the 2021-2022 batch.
For more details like eligibility and syllabus of the B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering programme at BMU, please click here.