- School School of Engineering and Technology
- Department/Programme BSc
- Position (additional roles) Mentor for Savera Club
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
I am a passionate and resourceful teacher with almost a decade of varied instructional experience. I consider research-driven teaching as an integral part of my academic career. My primary research interest lies in the field of biomedical engineering, machine learning and its applications to biomedical data processing and medical imaging. I plan to design techniques and develop algorithms to solve challenging problems in the field of biomedical engineering to improve the process of medical diagnosis and prognosis.
- Data Science
- Advance Machine learning
- Image Processing
- Control System
- Fundamental of digital logics etc.
- Graduation In: Instrumentation & Control
- Graduation From: Kurukshetra University
- Graduation Year: 2002
- Post Graduation In: Control and Instrumentation
- Post Graduation From: Delhi College of Engineering (DCE), University of Delhi, India (Now Delhi Technological University, DTU).
- Post Graduation Year: 2006
- Post Graduation In: Post-Graduation in Advanced Medical Imaging,
- Post Graduation From: Katholieke universiteit Leuven, Belgium
- Post Graduation Year: 2011
- Doctorate In: Retinal Image processing for Biomarker discovery
- Doctorate From: University of Edinburgh
- Doctorate Year: 2016
|From - To (Year)||Designation & Organization||Additinal Exp. Details|
|1 July. 2019- till date||Assistant Professor at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering of BML Munjal University, Gurgaon, Haryana.||20 March 2006 – 25 April 2006 , Guest Faculty at the Department of Instrumentation and Control of Bharti Vidya Peeth College of Engineering, GGSIPU, Delhi, India|
|1 Dec. 2017- 11 June 2019||Assistant Professor at the Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering of Bhagwan Parshuram Institute of Technology, GGSIPU, Delhi.||8 Sept. 2004- 4 April 2006 , Guest Faculty at the Department of Electrical Engineering of Delhi College of Engineering, Delhi University, Delhi, India.|
|1 Jan. 2010– 18 Sep. 2010||Senior Lecturer at the Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering of Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology (M.A.I.T), GGSIPU, Delhi, India.||-|
|1 Aug. 2006 – 31 Dec. 2009||Lecturer at the Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering of Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology (M.A.I.T), GGSIPU, Delhi, India.||-|
|13 Aug. 2003 – 31 July 2004||Lecturer at the Department of Electrical and Electronics of APEEJAY College of Engineering, MDU (Rohtak), Gurgaon, Haryana, India||-|
|1 July 2002 – 10 Aug. 2003||Graduate Engineer Trainee at SlachHydratecs Equipment Pvt. Ltd, Delhi, India||-|
- Biomaedival Image processing
- Machine Learning
- Devanjali Relan and Rishi Relan , " Unsupervised Sorting of Retinal Vessels Using Locally Consistent Gaussian Mixtures " in Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine,Volume 199, 2021, 105894, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cmpb.2020.105894.
- Abirami Veluchamy, Lucia Ballerini, Veronique Virt, Caroline Hayward, Katharina E Schraut, Peter K Joshi, Harry Campbell, Mirna Kirin, Devanjali Relan, Sarah Harris, et al. “Novel locus influencing retinal venular tortuosity is also associated with risk of coronary artery disease", Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology, American Heart Association Journal., 39, no. 12 (2019): 2542-2552
- Relan, Devanjali, Lucia Ballerini, Emanuele Trucco, and Tom MacGillivray. "Using orthogonal locality preserving projections to find dominant features for classifying retinal blood vessels." Multimedia Tools and Applications (2018): 1-21.
- Relan, D., and R. Relan. "Multiscale self-quotient filtering for an improved unsupervised retinal blood vessels characterisation." Biomedical Engineering Letters 8.1 (2018): 59-68.
Outstanding reviewer (2017) for the journal of Computers in Biology and Medicine, ELSEVIER
Awarded full funding (including flight, accommodation, and local expenses) to attend the “Graduate Summer School “Computer Vision” during July 22 – August 9, 2013, at National Science Foundation (NSF) funded Institute for Pure and Applied Mathematics (IPAM),University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), USA.