The Bachelor of Commerce (Hons.) degree at BML Munjal University is designed to provide students with a multi-disciplinary perspective towards trade, commerce, finance and technological integration of businesses because of digitalization.
Block Chain and Artificial Intelligence are rapidly transforming the Banking, finance and Insurance sectors and are becoming major disruptors. The World Economic Forum report has predicted that by 2025, 10% of the global GDP will be stored in Blockchain and related technologies. The strategic Business Value that it offers is so enormous that all major banks and financial institutions are adopting such technologies to improve efficiencies in money transfers, record keeping, clearing and settlement financial operations, and other back-end functions.
It, therefore, becomes imperative that the curriculum undergone by the students trains them to function effectively in an ecosystem that thrives in such technologies. The unique BCom(H) program offered at BMU, has the fundamentals of Block Chain and Robotic Process Automation embedded in the three-year program, with students learning about the amalgamation of the financial world with the technological disruptors.
The programme create opportunities for the participants in the areas of
- Taxation and Auditing
- Actuarial Science
- Forensic Accounting
- Financial Risk Management
The key features of our programme are –
- Interdisciplinary Programme Structure
- Experiential Learning
- 20 weeks long internship
- Skills Training
B.Com (Hons) Programme at a Glance
The Bachelor of Commerce (Hons) at BMU comprises of:
- 14 core courses from fundamental domains in commerce like accounting, Economics, Regulatory Environment, Taxation, Analytics and Block-Chain fundamentals
- 4 skills courses from a pool of skills like -Effective Presentation skills, Etiquette and Conversational Skills, Excel Spreadsheet Modelling, Problem Solving and Consulting Skills, Wealth Management and Financial Planning, Selling, Negotiating, and Persuading Skills etc.
- 4 perspective courses to provide an interdisciplinary perspective to be chosen from courses like psychology, sociology, Living Literature and Arts, Photography and Video Editing etc.
- 4 Discipline Specific Electives to be chosen from the offered specializations i.e.
- 20-weeks long internship to be done with either Banks, Insurance firms, Accounting firms, Taxation and Auditing firms etc.
- 2 Ability enhancement Compulsory Courses – Business Communication and Environmental Studies and Disaster Management
- Credits for Co-curricular Activities in each semester
The various tracks of specializations offered in the B.Com(H) programme further hones your skills in the chosen vertical of the financial industry.
The B.Com (Hons.) programme offers specialization in below:
Board of Studies
- Dr. Prabal K. Sen Professor Retd., XLRI, Jamshedpur
- Dr. Pitabas Mohanty Professor & Associate Dean, XLRI, Bhubaneshwar
- Mr. Suresh Mehra Sr. VP-HR, CO, Axis Bank
- Mr. Vijay Sethi VP-HR, Hero Motocorp Limited
- Mr. Jagvinder Brar KPMG India
- Dr. Sapna Poti Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs, Head CSR CESD / Researcher National Level-Office of the Principle Scientific Advisor-GoI AND Industry/International partnerships
- Dr. Vishal Talwar DEAN – School of Management
- Dr. Jaskiran Arora Associate Dean & Professor, SoM
- Prof. Davinder Singh Assistant Dean, SoM
- Dr. Goldie Gabrani Professor, School of Engineering & Technology (SoET)
- Dr. Payal Kumar Professor, SoM
- Dr. Amit Bagga Associate Professor (Adjunct), SoM
- Dr. Anusree Paul Associate Professor, SoM
- Dr. Chirag Malik Associate Professor, SoM
- Dr. Rik Paul Associate Professor, SoM – Head PG Programmes
- Dr. Jaya Ahuja Assistant Professor, SoM – Head UG Programmes
- Ms. Rubal Rathi Student Alumni
- Duration : 3 Years
- Eligibility: 10+2 or equivalent
- Admission Process
Applicants will have to go through the following process:
- All applicants are required to submit the completed application form with all relevant enclosures including proof of payment of the application fee
- BMU will review applications and short-list candidates for the interview
- All shortlisted candidates appear for a personal interview
- The BMU selection committee processes the final admission decisions
- B.Com (Hons.) with specialization in Block Chain & Financial Technologies
- B.Com (Hons.) with specialization in Forensic Accounting & Corporate Fraud
- B.Com (Hons.) with specialization in Banking & Insurance
- B.Com (Hons.) with specialization in Derivatives & Risk Management
- CBSE / ISCE / ISC and candidates of other boards applying for the B.Com (Hons.) Programme must secure a minimum aggregate score of 60% (in Core 3 subjects) in Std. XII board examinations.
- Andhra Pradesh / Telangana / Kerala / Tamil Nadu State Board candidates applying for the BBA Programme must secure a minimum aggregate score of 70% (in Core 3 subjects) in Std. XII board examinations.
- SAT or ACT scores are also accepted for the B.Com (Hons.) Programme.
- Class 12th board examination score accepted for admission and scholarship.
The immersion programme would be part of the academic studies at BMU – this would be graded, and part of the overall credits offered for that particular programme.
Students should have valid passport to be a part of the programme.
UG Admissions Closing Soon