Throughout the duration of the programme, students gain invaluable practical experience by applying this interdisciplinary and integrated learning to real-world problems. This is made possible by way of Practice School, an internship concept. This initiative enables students to undergo meaningful work experience – over a period of four years, SOET students will spend around 28 weeks, or 22% of their total contact hours, interning with a cross-section of industry. Practice School internships are courses with credit units and the grade earned will be included in the cumulative GPA.
BML Munjal University has adapted, extended and implemented the tried and tested Practice School model. The salient features of BMU’s Practice School include:
- Institutionalised linkage between University and Industry
- Internships and industry visits organised by BMU, rather than by individual students
- Applicable to all degree programs
- The three Practice School internships are courses that have credit units and contribute to the Grade Point Average
- Total duration of Practice School for B.Tech. students is 31-32 weeks, comprising three Practice School courses of 1 week, 8 weeks and 22 weeks respectively
- Student involvement in real-life projects.
- Continuous internal evaluation system.
- Monitoring and evaluation by resident faculty member.
- Industry gets “industry-ready” students, particularly during their 22 week Practice School-3 course, in the final year.
The Objectives of the internship are
- Enable students to acquire learning by applying the knowledge and skills they possess, in unfamiliar, open-ended real life situations.
- Provide the organisations with short duration resource to work on specific projects of relevance to them.
- Opportunity for organisations to build positive corporate brand image among future managers and to be a preferred employer
- Create a pool of potential future employees for the sponsoring organisation
|B.Tech||BBA, B.Com (H) & B.A (H) Eco|
|Practise School 1|
|Practise School 2|
|Practise School 3|
|Hero Motocorp||COWI India||Service Now||Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories|
|JCB Ltd.||NTPC||NCR Corporation||Heritage Foods Ltd|
|Maruti Udyog Ltd.||ECIL||Tata Power Delhi Distribution Ltd.||Bridge Group Solutions|
|Huawei Labs||C-DOT||Altiostar||Bajaj Capital|
|ESCORTS Ltd.||Tata Power DDL||L&T Defence||Yourmech.in|
|Posco India Steel Processing Centre||Nestlé India||Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu India LLP||Decathlon Sports India|
|Noida Power Company Ltd.||Tata Consultancy Services||MAQ Software||Roop Polymers Pvt . Ltd.|
|Rane NSK steering systems||Tech Mahindra||Adobe Systems||ICICI Bank Ltd.|
|Federal Mogul Goetze India Ltd.||Bharti Airtel Ltd.||DRDL||Ganga Agro Industries|
|Mother Dairy Ltd.||DRDL||Cult Gear Pvt.Ltd.||Sharekhan|
|Bisleri||NHPC||Tech Mahindra LTd||PNB Metlife|
|Coca Cola||Engineers India Limited||Shapoorji and Pallonji||Future Group|
|RICO Auto Ltd.||L&T Electrical and Automation||Hero Motocorp||Deloitte|
|Parle Foods Ltd.||Bharat Electronics Limited||Padmini VNA Mechatronics||SBI Life Insurance|
|Havells India Ltd.||Rockman Industries Pvt. Ltd.||Synopsis||Hero Motocorp|
|Minda Corporation Ltd.||Maruti Suzuki||KIA Motors India Pvt. Ltd||Inter Globe Technology Pvt.Ltd.|
|Exide Ltd.||Pricol||Maruti Suzuki India Limited||Lenskart|
|Sona koyo Steering System||Shree Cement Limited||Fiat India Automobiles Pvt. Ltd.||BHEL|
|Power Grid||UNO Minda||OYO||Dukes India|
|Aryan Clean Coal Technologies (P) Ltd.||Hero Motocorp||Tata Adavanced System Ltd||Apollo Tyres|