- Sports Activities
- Dining Facilities
- Incubation center
The campus is equipped to house 2000 students at this moment in the state of art multistoried hostel designed by HOK Architects. Rooms include three, two and single seater rooms. The hostels have common areas in each floor with entertainment and recreational facilities.
For virtual hostel tour, please click here
At BMU, we are committed to enhancing the quality of your life by maintaining an open yet safe and secure environment. The gated campus is ringed by high walls and has two entry/exit points which are manned by round-the-clock security staff. Closed circuit TVs and intruder alarm systems are in place at strategic points around the campus. The campus has a 24-hour uniformed security patrol service, who can respond quickly to any security or emergency matter that occurs on the campus site.
Fifty faculty and senior administrative staff will be living on the campus. Entry of visitors is restricted; visitors need to have their identities confirmed by the person they wish to meet before being allowed to enter the campus. For students, strict rules are in place for leaving and returning to the campus. Ragging and bullying are banned; as are consumption of liquor, drugs and other intoxicants. The entire campus is a non-smoking zone. Fire safety measures have been introduced in all the campus buildings.
Apartment Common Room
Double Occupancy Room 1
Double Occupancy Room 1
Double Occupancy Room 2
Single Occupancy Room
Triple Occupancy Room
BMU’s sports programme is designed for holistic growth of students and we encourage students to actively participate in sports. Our Director Sports has tailor made a unique programme based upon his belief and motto of ‘Hosh, Soch aur Josh’ i.e. ‘Awareness, Learning and Passion’ the three essential building blocks of Human character. It is our conviction that young students need to learn life–skills that prepare them for the harshly competitive world and to grow into team players, disciplined, healthy, balanced and hard working persons. At BMU we treat sports fields as tools of instruction, just as smart learning tools like computers, audio visuals, e-books, e-library and internet for academic learning. Here we do not treat sports as simply a ‘co-curricular activity’ but rather as ‘core-curricular activity’ for development of a powerful personality and leader.
- Development of Students – physically, mentally & emotionally.
- Character building.
- Holistic development for powerful personality and eminent leadership.
- Imparting critical Life – Skills.
- Spirit of healthy competition where in students learn humility in victory and grace in defeat
Sports Department Staffing
- Director – Sports – Gurbir Singh Sandhu
- Sports Officer – Jatin Rana and Sulekha Nain
- Grounds man – Subhash and Dal Chand
Sports facilities available:
- Table tennis,
- 2 synthetic Basketball courts with flood lights
- 2 synthetic Tennis courts with flood lights
- 2 Volleyball Courts with flood lights
- Football field with flood lights and a seven-a-side Football field
- Cricket field
- MPH – For Badminton, Table Tennis and Kabaddi
- “Hero’s Challenge”, Annual Sports Festival of BMU
- Inter-Quad amongst Spartans, Trojans, Romans & Gladiators
- Fresher’s Challenge
- Sports Gala for Faculty and Staff
- Friendly matches with Universities & Institutions
- Campus Run
1. “Banyan League”
Year round contest between 4 member Universities – Ashoka University, BML Munjal University, OP Jindal Global University and Shiv Nadar University.
- Badminton (M & W)
- Basketball (M & W)
- Chess (Mixed)
- Football (M)
- Cricket (M)
- Table Tennis (M & W)
- Tennis (Mixed)
- Volleyball (M)
Participation at Sports festivals of following Institutions
- Annual Sports festival of Ashoka University
- Annual Sports festival of OP Jindal Global University
- Annual Sports festival of Shiv Nadar University
- Annual Sports of NIIT University
- Annual Sports of IIT, Roorkee
- Annual Sports of IIT, BHU
- Annual Sports festival of Manipal University
- Annual Sports of festival IIT, Delhi
- Annual Sports of BITS, Pilani
- Training Venue Partner of Delhi Dabang Kabaddi Club
- Research study “Olympic Khel Neeti” with Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports, GOI
- Host of Subroto Cup International Football Tournament 2019
Interactions with Sporting Icons
- Gurbachan Singh Randhawa, Olympic Athlete
- Saba Karim, Indian Cricketer, Wicket Keeper and Batsman
- Ronjan Sodhi, World No. 1 Double trap shooter and Olympian
- Rajinder Amarnath, Indian Cricketer
- Akhil Kumar, Commonwealth games Gold Medalist and Olympic Boxer
- Deepa Malik, Silver Medalist at Para – Olympia, Rio 2016
- Shiva Keshwan, Winter Olympic athlete
- Ekta Jha, Captain Indian Net Ball team
- Prince, Chess Master
Food is Our Common Ground. A Universal Experience.
First we EAT, then we do everything else!
That’s why BMU has a zone that everyone loves – our very own food court. Eat, work, relax or just chill – this is a space where you can unwind however you chose.
BMU offers a range of options to keep students food palate satisfied.
Sodexo Dining Facilities
Sodexo Dining Facilities
We have two of them on our Campus and with the feedback so far- we can safely pat our backs. From refreshments to eatables, we cater it all to our students. We’ve kept both the messes spacious and comfortable. So that the whole ambience can be as inviting as possible.
We try to keep our food as varied as our scholars with choices between South and North Indian cuisines during all breakfasts and dinners. We have students covered with four meals a day – breakfast, lunch, evening tea & snacks & dinner. It’s safe to say BMU students don’t go hungry.
Cleanliness & Hygiene
Good food is enjoyed best when you are sure it’s clean. That’s why cleanliness and hygiene are our top priority and we have a whole squad that sees things through in that area.The Mess Committee, Administration Team Medical Resident Officer, our chefs and cooks — all ensure that the students get a healthy and hygienic diet.
The more, the merrier
Variety is always a good idea when it comes to food. That’s why we have some really good line up of eateries and food joints. Our Cafeterias are named ‘Delicious’ because that’s what they are- Delish! We have food chains like Zambar Street Food by Punjab Grill & Baker’s Street. Kolkata Lazeez Rolls, US Pizza, Cruncheez, Zomato and also our very own archetypal Dhaba to cater to the cravings of the foodie in BMU students…
Feedback is always welcome
The team is prompt on actioning any changes, introducing more dishes, etc., based on the feedback we receive from students & faculty.
Students are encouraged to bring up their woes and suggestions to the team and the team ensures that changes are made.