Many recruiters look for these combinations as the candidate can potentially take up multifaceted roles in the respective firm /institution/ thinktank. BA Eco (H) programme will be helpful in prospective post-graduation programmes such as MBA/MA in economics/MSC in economics or any Master’s in liberal arts programme.
Further, the BA Eco (H) graduates may be hired as
- Policy Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Economics Researcher
- Economic Journalist
- Customer Profit Analyst
- Investment Analyst
- Investment Administrator
Needless to mention that the combination of economics and finance or management helps many students to develop business acumen, which enhances the probability of success as an entrepreneur in their life. Further, firms where the job opportunities are lying:
- Research Institutes (National/International)
- Thinktanks (Govt. and Non-Govt.)
- Analysis/Forecasting Firms
- Stock Exchanges
- Manufacturing Firms
- Agricultural Companies
- Financial Information Firms
- Banks/Credit Unions
- International Trade Companies
Board of Studies
- Dr. Prabal K. Sen Professor Retd., XLRI, Jamshedpur
- Dr. Pitabas Mohanty Professor & Associate Dean, XLRI, Bhubaneshwar
- Mr. Suresh Mehra Sr. VP-HR, CO, Axis Bank
- Mr. Vijay Sethi VP-HR, Hero Motocorp Limited
- Mr. Jagvinder Brar KPMG India
- Dr. Sapna Poti Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs, Head CSR CESD / Researcher National Level-Office of the Principle Scientific Advisor-GoI AND Industry/International partnerships
- Dr. Jaskiran Arora Dean – School of Management
- Prof. Davinder Singh Assistant Dean, SoM
- Dr. Amit Bagga Associate Professor (Adjunct), SoM
- Dr. Anusree Paul Associate Professor, SoM
- Dr. Rik Paul Associate Professor, SoM
- Dr. Jaya Ahuja Assistant Professor, SoM
- Ms. Rubal Rathi Student Alumni
- Duration : 3 Years
- Eligibility: 10+2 or equivalent
- Admission Process
Applicants will have to go through the following process:
- All applicants are required to submit the completed application form with all relevant enclosures including proof of payment of the application fee
- BMU will review applications and short-list candidates for the interview
- All shortlisted candidates appear for a personal interview
- The BMU selection committee processes the final admission decisions
BML Munjal University’s Bachelor’s programme in Economics targets that at the conclusion of the programme, the students are expected to apply their knowledge of economics towards critical appraisal of real-world problems and apply research skills towards identifying innovative and scientific solutions.
The programme is for students who are seeking to build a career in the economics and business field.
The programme is designed to provide an interdisciplinary approach with the other streams of social sciences viz. psychology, sociology, political science with economics as major. Moreover, the programme structure at BMU gives a scope to the student to complete his/her honours degree in an interdisciplinary environment by choosing Management/Finance tracks as minors.
The experiential learning components involves Undergraduate Research Projects, Independent Study, Community-engagement-learning or Service-learning, Undergraduate teaching assistantships etc., but are not limited to the same.
An economics research internship allows a student to receive a credit in a company/ government agency/research institute/ think tank/university. This exposure to writing an academic dissertation at the undergraduate level will give the student an enormous advantage in pursuing their higher studies in premier Indian institutes/institutes abroad or showcase their in-depth knowledge and technical writing skills in the job market.
To apply for BA (Hons) Economics programme, click here
- Economics and Public Policy
- Economics and Sustainability Studies
- Economics and Econometrics
- Economics and Finance
The students who wish to make a career in the field of economics are offered BA (Hons) Economics degree at BMU. At the university, the candidates are provided comprehensive knowledge about the field. The professors guide the students in improving their analytical ability, logical reasoning, and communication skills.
The Economics candidates can get an opportunity to work in various fields such as
- Business Economics
- Industrial Economics
- Trade Economics
- Health Economics
- Behavioural Economics
- Environment Economics
- Energy Economics
- Economic Journalism
- Experimental Economics
- Predictive Analysis
Our undergraduate economics programmes are designed on the principle of Multidisciplinary Immersive Experiential Learning with an emphasis on Systems approach and a provision for choice-based fractional curriculum and flexible electives.
- 45% Experiential Learning
- Practice School (Internships)
- Interdisciplinary Approach
- Peer Review Exercises
Don't Miss Out Our Brochure!
Know more about our Programmes, Campus Life and Industry Partnerships