Admission Procedure (For all schools)
Admission to the Ph.D. programme shall be made based on the minimum eligibility criteria of candidate as mentioned above. Admissions will be carried out twice, in July and December in an Academic Year. However, the candidates who are GATE (within last two years) / NET and satisfy the minimum eligibility criteria may be called for interview at any time during the year. In case of selection, these candidates will be offered provisional admission, and will be formally registered during the start of the immediate next semester. Typical admission procedure to be followed is:
On-line submission of completed application form with all relevant enclosures and application fee
- Review of applications and short-listing of candidates by the screening committee
- Written Test
- Interview by the selection committee (which will focus on the research proposal submitted by the candidate)
Candidates recommended by the selection committee will be notified and a formal offer of admission will be given. The committee’s decision in this regard is final and binding.
In addition to the above stated procedure, candidates have to submit a research proposal of about 2000 words (for all Schools).
The research proposal should contain:
- Statement of the problem and the background information on the subject
- How will you go about your research?
- Why do you think the project is worth doing?
- Whether you see any links with your previous work?
- Sources to be consulted.
The interview will be based on research proposal and Candidates will be judged on following criteria:
- Clarity in research plan (including the title, subject matter, and research methodology)
- Depth of knowledge of the subject discussed in the research plan
- The quality of research and analysis in the research plan
- Practical relevance of the research plan.
- Potential to undertake high quality research