International Immersion Programme (IIP) is an optional module offered for students during their degree programme. The IIP facilitates a global and progressive learning environment for students. The programme focusses on providing students an international exposure by learning from some of the best academicians in the world. It also serves as a platform to meet their foreign peers and exchange ideas and practices for a holistic development.
At BMU, School of Management and the School of Economics and Commerce, students get an opportunity to go for their International Immersion programme at the London School of Economics, University of London. The programme can be opted along with the following programmes – MBA, BBA, BBA-MBA Integrated, BCom (Hons) and BA (Hons) Economics.
Why should you choose the International Immersion module?
- The Summer School experience includes workshops that give you the opportunity to develop the skills to thrive as you take the first steps in your career.
- Employers appreciate that fact that you have invested in your personal development. Attending Summer School is a proof that you have undertaken course, built networks and learned from an international cohort.
- As one of the world’s best social science universities, London School of Economics exposes you to different perspectives – from faculty and peers alike – you’ll learn practical solutions to global problems, based on world-leading research.
- Be certified by one of the top Universities in the world and get an international edge over your peers.
- It gives you an unparalleled networking opportunity to support you throughout your career.
|International Immersion Programme for PG-UG students of SOEC and SOM|
|Institution||London School of Economics, University of London|
|Timing||Session 1: 20th June to 8th July|
|Session 2: 11th-29th July|
|Courses||1 course, 54 hours of teaching time (36 hours of lecture (12* 3hrs lecture) + 18 hours of seminar (12*1.5hrs seminar))|
|Students can choose from the list of courses being offered|
|Credit transfer – 6 credits|
|Classes held at London School of Economics|
|Formative Assessment: ongoing feedback from class teacher|
|Summative Assessment: exams, essays or group projects including – midsession assessment in week 2 and Final assessment at the end of week 3.|
|LSE Summer School transcript and certificate will be awarded to participants.|
|Experiential learning – part of curriculum as projects/assignments|
|In class & on campus interaction with students across globe. Professional Skills are included in the Summer School curriculum.|
|Entry Requirement||GPA of 3.3/B+|
|100 Level: No Prerequisites|
|200 & 300 Levels: Usually one or two course prerequisites|
|English Language: Degree Level Study in English/IELTS 7.0/TOEFL 107/CET 470+ with preparatory English course.|
|Social||Out of class activities organized by LSE (can be ticketed)|
|Accommodation||LSE has provisions to provide accommodation. After accepting the application, one will need to apply for accommodation requisition through the application portal. BMU will guide the students to do so.|
|Accommodation in LSE in double/triple sharing basis + 2 meals.|
|Tuition Fee of one session|
|Exclusions (paid by student)||Local travel|
|Sightseeing, Tickets / charges for social programs organized by LSE|
|Fees||3.5 lakh INR|