- School School of Law
- Position (additional roles) Assistant Professor
- Email email@example.com
Dr. Kavita started her legal education from GGSIPU, Delhi, where she did BA LLB(Hons). She then went to NLS, Bangalore for pursuing post-graduation in Business Laws. She has done Ph.D. from Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi.
Dr. Kavita began her career as a Consultant at Clifford Chance Business Services Private Ltd., Gurgaon, wherein she was seconded to London and Singapore offices of Clifford Chance. Thereafter, she worked as an Assistant Professor at Faculty of Law, University of Delhi for 3.5 years. From January 2017 to July 2019, she worked as an Assistant Professor with K. R. Mangalam University. Since July,2019 Dr. Kavita is working at BML Munjal University, Gurugram.
- Contract Law
- Company Law
- Competition Law
- Property Law
- Graduation In: BA LL.B. (Hons)
- Graduation From: Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
- Post Graduation In: LL.M. (Business Laws)
- Post Graduation From: National Law School of India University
- Doctorate In: Ph.D. from Faculty of Law
- Doctorate From: Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
|From - To (Year)||Designation & Organization||Core Competency|
|July 2019||Assistant Professor, School of Law at BML Munjal University, Gurugram||Law|
|January 2017 to July 2019||Assistant Professor, School of Legal Studies at K. R. Mangalam University, Gurugram||Law|
|January 2012 to June 2015||Assistant Professor (Ad-hoc) at Law Centre – I, Faculty of Law, University of Delhi||Law|
|June 2010 to December 2011||Consultant with Clifford Chance Business Services Private Ltd. [Subsidiary of Clifford Chance LLP]|
- Commercial and business laws
- Chapter Publication
- Dr. Kavita Chawla, “Workplace Violence Against Domestic Workers: Challenges and Legal Issues”, Law and Behaviour: Linkages, Satyam Publications, page 259-279. ISBN: 978-93-87839-31-1
- Article Publication
- “Workplace Management and Sexual Harassment”, International Journal of Research in Engineering, IT and Social Sciences, Vol. 9, Special Issue 3, May 2019, pp. 182-191 (as a co-author)
- “Protection of Minority Shareholders’ Voting Rights via Electronic Voting”, International Journal of Legal Research and Governance, Vol. 3, Issue 3-4, 2016, pp. 12-23
- “Protecting Minority Shareholders' Legitimate Expectation of Dividends”, JLAR, Vol. 2, No. 4, 2015, pp. 80-94.
- “Class Action Suits and Minority Shareholders”, IJRL, Vol. 1, No. 1, 2015, pp. 225-235.
- “Voluntary Exit Option of Minority Shareholders”, Law and Society: A New Challenge, Vol. 2, No. 2, 2015, pp. 91-94.
- Life Member of the Delhi Bar Council