We at BMU, offer specialisations in following career trending areas, which a student is free to select as per his/ her own interest, skills and expertise with guidance & supervision of highly experienced faculty of our university:
- Automobile Engineering [AE]
- Robotics & Automation [R&A]
- Data Science and Artificial Intelligence [DS & AI]
- Cyber Security [CS]
- Internet of Things [IoT]
Apart from major specialisations we also offer additional minor expertise through our minor program in interdisciplinary areas such as:
- Computational Linguistics
- Cyber-Physical Systems
- Computational Mathematics
- Energy Harvesting and Storage
- Functional English
- Liberal Arts
- Material Science
- VLSI Design
Nowadays Industry is seeking for ready to work engineering professionals as it takes cost & time for the industry to train GET. We at BMU, prepare the engineering graduates industry ready for both, as an entrepreneur as well as a service provider, which is our USP also. At BMU we have:
- Future-Ready Programmes
- Updates our course curriculum and syllabus as per industry need
- Excellent infrastructure & Labs to support the programmes
- At a glance, in addition to typical course relent laboratories, we have several Centre of Excellence equipped with advanced labs for design & validation, advanced manufacturing, industrial hydraulics & pneumatics, mechatronics, robots, automation with PLC, electrical machines & drives, CNC controllers, sensors technology, process instrumentation, Hero MotoCorp 2 wheeler Lab, Shell Lab, IoT, cloud computing, high performance computing, ML, AI, data science, VLSI.
Automobile industries are among the largest job providers in the world. An automobile engineer works in the areas of concept development, prototyping, developing proof of concepts, design, research & development, reverse engineering, engineering analysis, projects, manufacturing, quality, sales, marketing, finance & maintenance for two, three, four or multi-wheel vehicles. There is a wide scope of career as an entrepreneur as well as a service provider in this field.
A Mechanical Engineer with specialisation in AUTOMOBILE ENGINEERING has the following career opportunities
- Improve fuel efficiency of an engine
- Control quality in the manufacturing of automotive engine and systems
- Design hybrid and electric cars
- Design different automotive components like brakes, clutches, body structure etc., their sub-assemblies and assemblies.
- Develop electrical and electronics components
- Design, manufacture, modify, re-engineer different system of an automobile vehicle viz. Transmission system, Cooling system, Lubrication system, electrical system, security etc.
All automobile manufacturers namely Hero MotoCorp, Volvo Group, Rolls Royce, CRPL India, Maruti along with their tier 1 and tier 2 suppliers.
ROBOTICS AND AUTOMATION (R&A)
Robotics & Automation is an essential part of today’s life. Majority of the industrial tasks are automated. Robots has acquired the place & positions from space to industrial tasks to kitchen to services. PLC, HMI, SCADA & drives are four pillars of automation. Hard wired automation has shifted to PLC controlled automation. Safety & security of an automated system are two primary tasks. Robotics and Automation deals with manufacturing and applications of robot systems for control, sensory feedback, and physical assistance to reduce the need for human effort/work.
A Mechanical Engineer with specialisation in ROBOTICS & AUTOMATION has following career opportunities:
- Automate any process of manufacturing, assembly, testing, painting, storage etc. for any type of industry, from process to product type (discrete production) of industry producing any product in any quantity and quality
- Develop Robotic automated production lines [manufacturing (casting, welding, powder metallurgy, machining etc.)/ assembly/ testing/ painting/ storage etc.]
- Manufacture electronic parts in a completely automated process
- Automate different types of welding process with robots
- Complete factory automation
- Integrated manufacturing
- Automate maintenance processes
Zycus Infotech, IBM, JP Morgan, Black Turtle, Hero MotoCorp, Volvo Group, Rolls Royce, CRPL India, Maruti
DATA SCIENCE & ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE [DS & AI]
Data science is a multi-disciplinary field that uses scientific methods, processes, algorithms and systems to generate actionable insights from data. Artificial intelligence deals with development of computer systems able to perform tasks requiring human intelligence such as speech recognition, decision-making, and translation. Data science enables artificial intelligent systems to perform better with the help of provided data and insights.
Data Science and AI specialisation is powered by Microsoft and foreign universities. With labs and curriculum designed in association with them, students will work on cutting-edge tools and technologies to embrace the new trends. Availability of High-Performance computing system on the campus leads to real-world applications. Additional IoT labs will allow the creation of data sets and real-world applications that can be used for testing the algorithms and developing new techniques.
Data Science and AI are being increasingly used in a variety of applications. Some everyday examples are:
- Unlocking phone with your finger print – your phone uses fingerprint data and pattern recognition
- Voice-activated smart assistants like Siri and Google Assistant
- Shortest route planning
A Mechanical Engineer with specialisation in DATA SCIENCE & ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE has the following career opportunities:
- Data Analysts
- Data Scientists
- Software Developers / Engineers
- Data consultants/ AI consultants
- Media Analysts
- Digital Marketing
Core companies: Google, Facebook, Amazon, IBM, Fractal Analytics, TCS, IBM, Wipro etc. Consulting companies like – ZS Associates, KPMG, E&Y, Prolitus, PwC etc.
CYBER SECURITY [CS]
Cybersecurity refers to the body of technologies, processes, and practices designed to protect networks, devices, programs, and data from attack, damage, or unauthorised access.
Cybersecurity is important because the government, military, corporate, financial, and medical organisations collect, process, and store unprecedented amounts of data on computers and other devices. A significant portion of that data can be sensitive information, whether that be intellectual property, financial data, personal information, or other types of data for which unauthorised access or exposure could have negative consequences.
Organisations transmit sensitive data across networks and to other devices in the course of doing businesses, and cybersecurity describes the discipline dedicated to protecting that information and the systems used to process or store it. As the volume and sophistication of cyber-attacks grow, companies and organisations, especially those that are tasked with safeguarding information relating to national security, health, or financial records, need to take steps to protect their sensitive business and personnel information.
BMU has a state-of-the-art, dedicated space in which students can safely engage in cyber-related activities, including malware analysis, penetration testing and cyber forensics in a contained and controlled environment without possible impact to other campus networks. The lab offers cybersecurity students enrolled in the bachelor’s program an opportunity to learn and practice real-time attack and defence mechanisms. The lab is equipped with machines with the latest configuration and uses the most effective suite of tools to train students of the most sophisticated cyber-attacks. and they are always encouraged to design Industry Oriented Projects
A Mechanical Engineer with specialisation in CYBERSECURITY has the following Career Opportunities:
- Security Analyst
- Security Engineer
- Security Architect
- Security Administrator
- Security Software Developer
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Security Consultant/Specialist
- Service providers like Google, Facebook etc.
- E-commerce portals like Amazon, Flipkart etc.
- Payment gateways like Paytm etc.
- Companies like McAfee, Norton, Cisco etc.
- All banks like Citi Bank, ICICI, etc.
- All major government departments and labs like DRDO, ISRO
INTERNET OF THINGS [IOT]
IoT refers to the interconnection and network of devices and transmitting data over the cloud. This leads to a plethora of opportunities in Rural & Urban Healthcare, Automotive, Energy, Transportation/Traffic Management, Manufacturing, and Smart Housing/Buildings/Cities etc.
Specialisation in IoT aims to bridge the gap between traditionally taught subjects like “Embedded systems, Networking, Signal Processing, aspects of VLSI/SoC” and “Big-Data/Analytics along with Cloud and ubiquitous computing”. We intend to generate a skill-set to address the needs of the emerging trends in the space of Internet of Things powered with State of the Art labs by industries like Microsoft, Intel, Zenatix and many more.
Some examples of IoT and interdisciplinary approach based applications are:
- Automation – Smart homes automation (Controlling temperature, entertainment systems and electronic devices from one single panel/unit), Smart city, smart meters etc.
- Wearable technologies – Smart health monitoring system, smartwatch
- Robotics- Artificial Intelligence-based voice-controlled Robot, IoT based prosthetic arm, driverless cars etc.
Typically, a Mechanical Engineer with specialisation in IoT has Career Opportunities as:
- Professionals in Sensors and Actuators
- Networking engineers
- Embedded Programmers
- IoT Developer
- IoT Architect
- IoT Consultant
Microsoft, Apple, Google, Amazon, Intel, IBM, ARM, Wipro, Qualcomm, Accenture, Zanatix, GE Appliances, CISCO, HCL, TCS, Nokia, L&T InfoTech, AWS, Untrodden Labs etc.
Undergraduate Admissions Open