BML Munjal University’s Bachelor’s programme in Economics targets that at the conclusion of the programme, the students are expected to apply their knowledge of economics towards critical appraisal of real-world problems and apply research skills towards identifying innovative and scientific solutions.
The programme is for students who are seeking to build a career in the economics and business field.
The programme will create opportunities in the areas of
- Business Economics
- Industrial Economics
- Trade Economics
- Health Economics
- Behavioural Economics
- Environment Economics
- Energy Economics
- Economic Journalism
- Experimental Economics
- Predictive Analysis
The key features of our programme are:
- Interdisciplinary Programme Structure
- Experiential Learning
- Research Internship or Dissertation Writing
The programme is designed to provide an interdisciplinary approach with the other steams of social sciences viz. psychology, sociology, political science with economics as major. Moreover, the programme structure at BMU gives a scope to the student to complete his/her honours degree in an interdisciplinary environment by choosing Management/Finance tracks as minors.
The experiential learning components involves Undergraduate Research Projects, Independent Study, Community-engagement-learning or Service-learning, Undergraduate teaching assistantships etc., but not limited to the same.
Economics research internship allows a student to receive a credit in a company/ government agency/research institute/ think tank/university. This exposure to writing an academic dissertation at the undergraduate level will give the student an enormous advantage in pursuing their higher studies in premier Indian institutes/institutes abroad or showcase their in-depth knowledge and technical writing skills in job market.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, BML Munjal University is fully operational with their Day Scholar facility for their B.A (Hons.) Economics programme from 2020. Buses will ply from Delhi, Gurgaon & Faridabad. This will be available at an additional cost.For more details click here
Many recruiters look for these combinations as the candidate can potentially take up multifaceted roles in the respective firm /institution/ thinktank. BA Eco (H) programme will be helpful in prospective post-graduation programmes such as MBA/MA in economics/MSC in economics or any Master’s in liberal arts programme.
Further, the BA Eco (H) graduates may be hired as
- Policy Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Economics Researcher
- Economic Journalist
- Customer Profit Analyst
- Investment Analyst
- Investment Administrator
Needless to mention that the combination of economics and finance or management helps many students to develop business acumen, which enhances the probability of success as an entrepreneur in their life. Further, firms where the job opportunities are lying:
- Research Institutes (National/International)
- Thinktanks (Govt. and Non-Govt.)
- Analysis/Forecasting Firms
- Stock Exchanges
- Manufacturing Firms
- Agricultural Companies
- Financial Information Firms
- Banks/Credit Unions
- International Trade Companies
Board of Studies.
- Dr. Prabal K. Sen Professor Retd., XLRI, Jamshedpur
- Dr. Pitabas Mohanty Professor & Associate Dean, XLRI, Bhubaneshwar
- Mr. Suresh Mehra Sr. VP-HR, CO, Axis Bank
- Mr. Vijay Sethi VP-HR, Hero Motocorp Limited
- Mr. Jagvinder Brar KPMG India
- Dr. Sapna Poti Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs, Head CSR CESD / Researcher National Level-Office of the Principle Scientific Advisor-GoI AND Industry/International partnerships
- Dr. Vishal Talwar DEAN – School of Management
- Dr. Jaskiran Arora Associate Dean & Professor, SoM
- Prof. Davinder Singh Assistant Dean, SoM
- Dr. Goldie Gabrani Professor, School of Engineering & Technology (SoET)
- Dr. Payal Kumar Professor, SoM
- Dr. Amit Bagga Associate Professor (Adjunct), SoM
- Dr. Anusree Paul Associate Professor, SoM
- Dr. Chirag Malik Associate Professor, SoM
- Dr. Rik Paul Associate Professor, SoM – Head PG Programmes
- Dr. Jaya Ahuja Assistant Professor, SoM – Head UG Programmes
- Ms. Rubal Rathi Student Alumni
- Duration : 3 Years
- Eligibility: 10+2 or equivalent
- Admission Process
Applicants will have to go through the following process:
- All applicants are required to submit the completed application form with all relevant enclosures including proof of payment of the application fee
- BMU will review applications and short-list candidates for the interview
- All shortlisted candidates appear for a personal interview
- The BMU selection committee processes the final admission decisions
- B.A (Hons.) Economics with Management (as minor)
- B.A (Hons.) Economics with Finance (as minor)
- CBSE / ISCE / ISC and candidates of other boards applying for the B.A (Hons.) Economics Programme must secure a minimum aggregate score of 60% (in Core 3 subjects) in Std. XII board examinations.
- Andhra Pradesh / Telangana / Kerala / Tamil Nadu State Board candidates applying for the B.A (Hons.) Economics Programme must secure a minimum aggregate score of 70% (in Core 3 subjects) in Std. XII board examinations.
- SAT or ACT scores are also accepted for the B.A (Hons.) Economics.
- Class 12th board examination score accepted for admission and scholarship.
The immersion programme would be part of the academic studies at BMU – this would be graded, and part of the overall credits offered for that particular programme.
Students should have valid passport to be a part of the programme.
UG Admissions Closing Soon