B.Com (Hons.) Eligibility
- Applicants appearing for their class XII examinations from any of the following boards:
1. Andhra Pradesh State Board
2. Telangana State Board
3. Tamil Nadu State Board
4. Kerala State Board
- are required to have a minimum aggregate score of 70% in 3 core subjects their class XII final board examinations.
- Applicants from any of the other Indian education boards recognised by the Association of Indian Universities (This covers CBSE, ISC, and State Education Boards recognized by AIU): are required to have a minimum aggregate of 60% in their class XII final board examinations.
- Cambridge/IGCSE board students are required to have 3 A-levels to meet the B.Com (Hons.) eligibility.
- As per the AIU’s current guidelines, all IB Diploma and IB Certificate students with 24 points with 3 subjects at HL and 3 subjects at SL are welcome to apply for the undergraduate courses at BML Munjal University.
- If you have taken the SAT or ACT exams, submitting those scores to BML Munjal University will enhance your chances to selection. Our DI Code for SAT applicants is – 7534. All applicants applying with SAT/ ACT scores need to send us their official score reports.
- Applicants who are Foreign Nationals/ Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs)/ Non-Residential Indians (NRIs)/ Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) must have passed the qualifying examination, i.e. Senior Secondary [10+2] or equivalent from any system of education as recognised the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) and must submit their SAT score. Our DI Code for SAT applicants is – 7534.
- Indicative core subjects that meet B.Com (Hons.) eligibility for each stream are listed below:
- Science: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics;
- Commerce: Accounting, Business Studies, Mathematics, Economics;
- Humanities: English, History, Sociology, Psychology, Economics;
- Please note subjects such as Physical Education, Fine Arts, Environmental Studies etc. will not be considered as core subjects for any stream.
Benefits of applying in the Early Cycle
- Students will get preference for a seat in the B.Com (Hons.) programme of their choice;
- A scholarship of 10% on the first semester tuition-fee will be awarded only to students who apply in the Early Cycle;
- BML Munjal University uses a multi-dimensional approach to evaluate students for each of its undergraduate programmes. For the B.Com (Hons.) programme, a student is evaluated on the basis of:
- Class X and Class XII final examination scores;
- Personal interview (in the personal interview, the candidate will be specifically evaluated on passion, creativity, application-orientation and communication skills);
1. All applicants are required to submit the completed application form with all relevant enclosures / attachments including proof of payment of the application fee;
2. BMU Selection Committee will then review applications and short-list candidates for the personal interview;
3. BMU Selection Committee will roll out provisional offers of admission based on performance in personal interview. Final admission of a student is subject to conformance to specified eligibility criteria. The committee’s decision in this regard will be final and binding;
Note: The decision to shortlist an applicant for a personal interview and make a formal offer of admission thereafter will be taken by the BMU selection committee. The committee’s decision in this regard will be final and binding.
PLEASE NOTE: At BML Munjal University, students are allowed to send their scores to all Indian Global Alliance (IGA) members, free of cost unlike other institutions, where students pay up to $8 per university for sending scores to more than 4 NON-IGA universities. Furthermore, there is no restriction on the frequency of posting scores to IGA universities.
MBA 2021-23 Admissions Open