Connect with Us
Enquiry for Admission
Dr. Shayequa Zeenat Ali Assistant Professor
- School School of Law
- Email email@example.com
- Graduation In: B.Sc. Agriculture (Elective - Agricultural Economics anf Farm Management)
- Graduation From: Assam Agricultural University
- Graduation Year: 2007
- Post Graduation In: M.Sc. Agricultural Economics
- Post Graduation From: Punjab Agricultural University
- Post Graduation Year: 2009
- Post Graduation In: Economics
- Post Graduation From: Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Post Graduation Year: Thesis submitted in 2013, Defended in 2014
- Doctorate In: Economics
- Doctorate From: Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Doctorate Year: Thesis submitted in 2018, Defended in 2019
|From - To (Year)||Designation & Organization|
|Sep 2019 – April 2022||Associate Fellow; National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER)|
|July 2018 – Aug 2019||Consultant; National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER)|
|June 2015 – Jan 2016||Research Associate; Centre for International Projects Trust, New Delhi|
|Jan 2011 – July 2011||Research Associate; National Institute of Agricultural Economics & Policy Research|
- Ali, Shayequa Zeenat. “Beyond the Polemics: Subcontracting in Unorganised Food Manufacturing in India”, Chapter 10, in S. Bathla and E. Kannan (ed) Agro and Food Processing Industry in India - Inter-sectoral Linkages, Employment, Productivity and Competitiveness, Springer Nature, Singapore, 2021.
- Bathla, Seema, and Shayequa Zeenat Ali. “Intersectoral Variation in Total Factor Productivity at the State Level- Analysing the Role of Human Capital”. Socio-Economic Changes in South Asia. Ed. Balwinder Singh Tiwana. 1st ed. Patiala: Dr. Devinder Singh, Publication Bureau, Punjabi University Patiala, 2016. 129-148. Print.
- Sidhu, Rajinder, Kamal Vatta, and Shayequa Zeenat Ali. “Growth Pattern and Economic Impacts of Wheat Productivity in Punjab Agriculture”. Economic Transformation of a Developing Economy: The Experience of Punjab. Ed. Lakhwinder Singh and Nirvikar Singh. 1st ed. Patiala: Springer Science + Business Media, Singapore, 2016. 53-75. Print. ISBN 978-981-10-0197-0.
- “Strengthening Value Chains for Fruits and Vegetables in Punjab: Alternative for Faster Growth in Agriculture”; Co-authored by Sandeep Dixit and R.S. Sidhu; Published by CIPT, New Delhi, Technical Paper No. 2, September, 2015.
- Venkatesan R., Munjal P., Sharma A., Ali S. Z., Pratap D. (2020). Estimating the economic benefits of Investment in Monsoon Mission and High Performance Computing facilities, NCAER Report, July 2020.
- Iyer I., Roy Chowdhury S., Gupta S., Ali S. Z., Dasgupta M., Chaturvedi D., Singh R. (2021). Infrastructure in India: Investment Priorities, Opportunities and Key Challenges, NCAER Approach Paper, March, 2021.
- Ghosh P K., Kane S., Kumar S., Ali S Z., Sahu S., Sanyal S. (2021) Healthcare seeking pathways in Uttar Pradesh and Odisha, India,NCAER Report, October 2021.
- Siddiqui K A., Ghosh P K., Munjal P, Ali S Z., Alam A, Baruah A, Usmani S, Pal G, Sharma A. (2020). Cluster Mapping Study of the Gems & Jewelery Sector in India, NCAER, October 2020.
- ICSSR doctoral fellow from January 4th 2017 to July 23rd 2018.
- ICSSR travel grant awardee in September 2014 to attend 14th Eurasia Business & Economics Society (EBES) International Conference in Barcelona, Spain.
- Qualified UGC-NET for Lectureship in Economics in June 2012.
- Qualified Agricultural Research Scientist (ARS) National Eligibility Test (NET) for Lectureship in Economics in December 2010.
- Merit Scholar in Masters Degree (Agricultural Economics), from Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana.