- School School of Engineering and Technology
- Department/Programme Physics
- Position (additional roles) Mentor to ENACTUS Club
- Email email@example.com
Dr. Tabish Rasheed is an Associate Professor at the Department of Applied Sciences in the School of Engineering & Technology at BMU Munjal University, Gurgaon. He is a skilled teacher having more than eight years of teaching experience at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. He is also a researcher and likes to guide young students in cutting-edge research areas.
In 2011, he completed his Ph.D. in Physics from Aligarh Muslim University. The Ph.D. research work involved in-depth vibrational and computational study of nucleobases and their derivatives. The investigation is fundamental in nature and resulted in many high impact publications.
Tabish is currently focused on applied research involving nanocomplexes, superhalogens, supersalts, superacids and fullerene derivatives. He has published a number of articles based on these novel chemical species. He has recently completed a SERB-DST Start Up Research Grant (Young Scientist) project having a budget of Rs. 16.77 Lakhs. The project involves research of new materials for development of efficient organic solar cells. He has a research scholar working under his supervision in the area of organic electronics. A number of B.Tech. students have worked with him on exciting research problems and are currently pursuing careers in research.
He is actively engaged in the research activities of the School of Engineering & Technology in the role of Ph.D. coordinator (SoET). He is highly enthusiastic in his endeavor for the establishment of a robust Ph.D. program at BMU. In free time he loves to spend time with family, catching up with old friends and surfing the net. He also likes to play badminton.
- Mechanics & Optics
- Electricity & Magnetism
- Physics for Engineers
- Emerging Material Science & Applications
- Micro & Nano Systems
- Graduation In: B.Sc. Physics
- Graduation From: Aligarh Muslim University
- Graduation Year: 2001
- Post Graduation In: M.Sc. Physics
- Post Graduation From: Aligarh Muslim University
- Post Graduation Year: 2003
- Doctorate In: PhD - Physics
- Doctorate From: Aligarh Muslim University
- Doctorate Year: 2011
|From - To (Year)||Designation & Organization||Core Competency||Additinal Exp. Details|
|2018-current||Associate Professor – BML Munjal University||Teaching & Research||Mentoring & Academic administration|
|2015-2018||Assistant Professor – BML Munjal University||Teaching & Research||Mentoring & Academic administration|
|2011-2015||Assistant Professor – Sharda University||Teaching & Research||Mentoring|
- Quantum chemistry
- Molecular spectroscopy
- Organic electronics
- Computational chemistry
- ET.3034TU: Solar Energy online course offered by Edx.
- Programming for Everybody (Getting Started with Python) online course offered by Coursera
- UGC Orientation Programme (13/7/2012 to 09/08/2012) at the Academic Staff College, A.M.U., Aligarh.
- Best Researcher Award in 2017-2018 at BMU, SOET
- Exploration of Superacidic Properties of HMnFn (n = 1–6) Using Density Functional Theory Ankit Kargeti, Gulshan Sharma, Tabish Rasheed Macromolecular Symposia, 388 (2019) 1900040–1900046.
- Investigations on the frontier orbitals of FeFn (n = 1–6) superhalogen complexes and prediction of novel salt series Li-(FeFn) Tabish Rasheed, Shamoon Ahmad Siddiqui, Anoop Kumar Pandey, Nadir Bouarissa, Ali Al-Hajry Journal of Fluorine Chemistry, 195 (2017) 85–92. DOI: 10.1016/j.jfluchem.2017.01.014
- Possible Use of BN-modified fullerene as a nano-biosensor to detect adenine-thymine Watson-Crick base pair in mutagenic tautomeric form: theoretical approach Shamoon Ahmad Siddiqui, Tabish Rasheed, Nadir Bouarissa Journal of Theoretical and Computational Chemistry, 14 (2015) 1550003–1550021. DOI: 10.1142/S0219633615500030
- Quantum chemical investigations of AlN-doped C60 for use as a nano-biosensor in detection of mispairing between DNA bases Shamoon Ahmad Siddiqui, Tabish Rasheed Journal of Biosciences, 39 (2014) 761-769. DOI: 10.1007/s12038-014-9475-3
- Detection of electronically equivalent tautomers of adenine base: DFT study Shamoon Ahmad Siddiqui, Nadir Bouarissa, Tabish Rasheed, M.S. Al-Assiri, A. Al-Hajry Materials Research Bulletin, 51 (2014) 309-314. DOI: 10.1016/j.materresbull.2013.12.035
- Quantum chemical investigations on superhalogen properties of MnFn (n = 1..6) nano-complexes and the consequential possibility of formation of new MnFn–Na salt species Tabish Rasheed, Shamoon Ahmad Siddiqui, Nadir Bouarissa Journal of Fluorine Chemistry, 146 (2013) 59-65. DOI: 10.1016/j.jfluchem.2013.01.010
- Quantum chemical study of the interaction of elemental Hg with small neutral, anionic and cationic Aun (n = 1–6) clusters Shamoon Ahmad Siddiqui, Nadir Bouarissa, Tabish Rasheed, M.S. Al-Assiri Materials Research Bulletin, 48 (2013) 995-1002. DOI: 10.1016/j.materresbull.2012.11.091
- Quantum chemical study of IrFn (n=1-7) clusters: An investigation of superhalogen properties Shamoon Ahmad Siddiqui, Tabish Rasheed International Journal of Quantum Chemistry, 113 (2013) 959–965. DOI: 10.1002/qua.24053
- Investigation of superhalogen behavior of RuFn (n=1-7) clusters: DFT study Shamoon Ahmad Siddiqui, Tabish Rasheed, Nadir Bouarissa Bulletin of Materials Science, 36 (2013) 743-749. DOI: 10.1007/s12034-013-0514-8
- Electronic structure, non linear optical properties and vibrational analysis of gemifloxacin by density functional theory Shamoon Ahmad Siddiqui, Tabish Rasheed, Mohd Faisal, Anoop Kumar Pandey, Sher Bahadar Khan Journal of Spectroscopy, 27 (2012) 185-206. DOI:10.1155/2012/614710
- Investigation of superhalogen properties of RhFn (n = 1–7) clusters using quantum chemical method Shamoon Ahmad Siddiqui, Anoop Kumar Pandey, Tabish Rasheed, Mahima Mishra Journal of Fluorine Chemistry, 135 (2012) 285–291. DOI:10.1016/j.jfluchem.2011.12.009
- Quantum chemical study of PtFn and PtCln (n=1–6) complexes: An investigation of superhalogen properties Shamoon Ahmad Siddiqui, Tabish Rasheed, Anoop Kumar Pandey Computational and Theoretical Chemistry, 979 (2012) 119-127. DOI:10.1016/j.comptc.2011.10.023
- Anharmonic vibrational spectroscopy and investigation of intramolecular mode couplings in adenine Tabish Rasheed and Shabbir Ahmad Vibrational Spectroscopy, 56 (2011) 51–59. DOI:10.1016/j.vibspec.2010.08.009
- Computational studies of vibrational spectra and molecular properties of 6–methyluracil using HF, DFT and MP2 methods Tabish Rasheed and Shabbir Ahmad Indian Journal of Physics, 85 (2011) 239-260. DOI: 10.1007/s12648-011-0001-2
- Approximate solution of the mode–mode coupling integral: Application to cytosine and its deuterated derivative Tabish Rasheed and Shabbir Ahmad Spectrochimica Acta A: Molecular and biomolecular spectroscopy, 77 (2010) 446–456. DOI: 10.1016/j.saa.2010.06.015
- Anharmonic vibrational analysis of uracil by ab initio Hartree–Fock and density functional theory calculations Tabish Rasheed, Shabbir Ahmad, S. M. Afzal and K. Rahimullah Journal of Molecular Structure: THEOCHEM, 895 (2009) 18–20. DOI: 10.1016/j.theochem.2008.10.013
- Faculty coordinator Ph.D. program (School of Engineering & Technology, BML Munjal University).
- Faculty in-charge of Practice School (School of Engineering & Technology, BML Munjal University).
- In-charge of Physics Lab.
- Principal Investigator of completed Start Up Research Grant (Young Scientist) Project entitled “Spectroscopic investigations on functionalized fullerene derivatives for prediction of efficient acceptors in organic solar cells” (funded by DST-SERB, Government of India). The total project funding is Rs. 16.77 Lakhs (approximately).