BMU’s School of Law is BCI Approved
Scholarships will be offered on a score determined through a comprehensive interview. Given below is the scholarship criterion:
|Scholarship criterion (Interview score)||Net Benefit|
|≥ 90||100% tuition fee waiver|
|85 < 90||75% tuition fee waiver|
|80 < 85||50% tuition fee waiver|
20% of the class will be given Dean Scholarship of 25% waiver on tuition fee for the first year depending on academic performance and Interview score
The Dean, in exceptional cases, can recommend a higher scholarship amount for a student that he considers, after the evaluation of the student’s written work and his/her interview performance, as especially promising and capable of contributing successfully to the intellectual life at the law school.
- Scholarship will be awarded based on the above criteria at the sole discretion of the Admission and Scholarship Committee
- Scholarship is applicable on tuition fees of the programme
- Terms and condition would apply for all scholarship plans
- Scholarships are not guaranteed to all the candidates fulfilling all the criteria.
- There are limited number of scholarships which will be served on a first-come-first-serve basis and will be withdrawn in case the offer is not accepted by offer acceptance deadline date
- The management reserves the right to change the scholarship policy as per their discretion
- At any point of time during an academic year, a student can avail benefits from one scholarship plan only. In the case of a student being eligible for scholarship under multiple scholarship plans, he/she will be considered for the scholarship plan offering the highest amount of benefit
- All scholarships are subject to securing 80th Percentile or above in LSAT or CLAT
- BMU LAT students will only have the provision to gain 25% tuition fee waiver (merit-based scholarship) basis interview on Dean’s recommendation
- The merit-based scholarship will initially be awarded to 40% of students for the first year only. To maintain/obtain a scholarship in the subsequent year(s):
- A student should be amongst the top 40% of the batch
- A student should have a minimum of 7 CGPA at the end of the first year
- A student should have maintained a minimum of 80% attendance across all course(s) in each semester in the previous year(s)
- There should not have been any disciplinary action instituted against the student
- Defence Ward’s Scholarship at BML Munjal University : In an effort to show gratitude to and honor our valiant armed forces, 10% of all scholarships being offered by BMU are reserved for wards of serving and retired armed forces officers and other ranks, who are eligible as per admission process defined by the University. Please refer to the Defence Ward’s Scholarship Policy for further details.
- Ishan Uday: Scholarship scheme by the University Grants Commission (UGC) for students from the North Eastern Region (available at http://www.ugc.ac.in/ugc_notices.aspx)
- Scholarship by the Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD): Central sector scholarship scheme for college and university students (http://mhrd.gov.in/scholarships-education-loan)
- Hero MotoCorp E2: As part of its CSR initiative, Hero MotoCorp will provide scholarships to academically bright students under this scheme in the second year on the basis of their performance in their first year at BMU
- Hero MotoCorp Hamari Pari: As part of its CSR initiative, specifically to encourage girl students to pursue engineering and management, Hero MotoCorp provides scholarships in the first year to academically bright but underprivileged girls to study at BML Munjal University
- All Central & State Government Scheme/Scholarship: Students who wish to avail the scholarship under various Central & State Government Scheme, students can apply independently on their respective portals.
- Reservation of seats for students: Jammu & Kashmir and North East Region: Reservation of seats for students from Jammu & Kashmir (J&K) and North East Region (NER) will be as per Notification issued by the UGC and MHRD
Haryana Domicile Admissions & Scholarships
25% seats for admissions in the university are reserved for students of the State of Haryana, out of which 10% seats are reserved for students belonging to Scheduled Castes of the State of Haryana.
The fee structure for the twenty-five per cent of the students who are domicile of Haryana shall be based on merit-cum-means and be as follows: –
(i) one-fifth of the twenty-five per cent shall be granted full fee concession;
(ii) two-fifth of the twenty-five per cent shall be granted fifty per cent fee concession;
(iii) the balance two-fifth of the twenty-five per cent shall be granted twenty-five per cent fee concession.
Haryana Domicile Scholarship will continue in the following year as per the Act.
As per the Government of India’s policy, banks will facilitate educational loans up to INR. 7.5 lakhs without collateral security at concessional rates of interest announced by RBI. However, loans will be sanctioned by banks after compliance of standard norms and procedural formalities. BMU has made arrangements with Credenc for speedy sanction and disbursal of education loans to students, provided they fulfill the loan criterion as per bank requirements. Candidates can use the following link to apply for loans from various nationalized and private banks: