BA Economics Scope in India – What Can You Do With This Degree?
Particular Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degrees earned by Indian students will now be considered on par with degrees earned in the U.K., making them qualified for employment in that country. This was agreed thru a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) drawing the Indian qualifications of the Pre-University that’ll be approved for enrollment at U.K. schools of higher education. According to the Economic Times, the Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degrees offered in India and the U.K. will likewise be regarded as equal.
Professional qualifications in medicine, engineering, architecture, and pharmacy are outside the scope of the MoU. Still, New Delhi would pursue its inclusion in the free trade deal, according to commerce secretary BVR Subrahmanyam. This will broaden the BA Economics scope in India and abroad.
What is a Bachelor of Arts in Economics (B.A. Economics)?
It concentrates on the core ideas, theories, and uses of economics. The curriculum offers quantitative and qualitative economics courses, such as those on Indian economics, economic history, microeconomics, macroeconomic factors, economic statistics, etc. It is an interdisciplinary field with a concentration on business economics application- themes range from cost accounting, business behaviour, and financial management to communication strategy, commercialization, and other topics.
Supply and demand Indian history, national incomes, inflation as well as deflation, supply and demand, etc., are critical economics topics in B.A. Economics. Large amounts of data are primarily used for studying economics. Statistics are, therefore, essential to the curriculum. The range of alternatives available for the BA Economics syllabus has expanded significantly during the past ten years. The minimal starting salaries provided to B.A. Economics graduates range from INR 5 to 8 LPA.
Qualifications for B.A. Economics
A student who wants to earn a B.A. in economics at one of the universities that offer it must meet the requirements listed below:
- Students should complete their class 12 exams with at least a 50% overall grade or the equivalent CGPA.
- They ought to remove their class 12 exams from a trustworthy board.
- Entry exams and an interview process are used to determine admission to some colleges. Universities and colleges consider different entrance exams to enrol students in their B.A. programmes.
Benefits of B.A. Economics
There are several reasons you should major in economics, and a few of the more important ones are mentioned below:
- Numerous Employment Opportunities: BA Economics scope in India is vast, and the degree can be used to pursue work in various fields. It offers access to a broad range of roles. Work opportunities for economists include those in business, government, academics, and the private sector.
- Solid Foundational Understanding: BA Economics syllabus may serve as the foundation for many respectable occupations because of its adaptability and the wide range of areas it can be applied. Your knowledge of economics will improve your understanding of money, markets, and resource management.
- Challenges: You will need to apply critical thinking skills and participate in activities that get you to ponder. Your understanding of the global economy and how numerous international business sectors are influenced throughout the course will help you tackle challenges.
Enquire Now for Admissions
BA Economics Scope in India
As part of the BA Economics scope in India, students can pursue further education, such as an M.A. or Ph.D. in Economics. However, the prerequisites for the two courses are different in terms of level and course structure.
After earning a Bachelor of Arts with Honors in Economics, several career and employment options exist. The BA Economics scope in India is rising, and students are offered employment in various financial areas, including banks, trading markets, and other commercial and government sectors. A graduate with a B.A. in Economics can expect to make around INR 5-8 LPA.
B.A. in Economics, once completed, offers lucrative employment prospects from top international corporations. JP Morgan Chase, Allianz, HSBC, AXA, Berkshire Hathaway, and Bank of America are some top economics recruiters.
The Cost and Length of the Bachelor of Arts in Economics Programme
Depending on the University, the typical tuition for a B.A. Economics varies from INR 15,000 to 65,000. The three-year BA in Economics programme is designed specifically for students who want to succeed in the financial services industry and other significant businesses. BMU is a renowned university noted for its cutting-edge environments for teaching, learning, and research.
The University was founded in honour of Dr. Brijmohan Lall Munjal, the founder of the Hero Group. The institution works to develop, preserve, and transfer information and skills that meet international standards to a diverse group of international students. In addition, BMU aims to develop moral leaders with the knowledge, abilities, and life skills necessary to guide organisations successfully.
About B.A.(Hons.) Economics Programme at BML Munjal University
The BA Economics syllabus at BML Munjal University aims to prepare its graduates to critically evaluate real-world problems using their economics knowledge and research skills to find creative and scientific solutions. The BA Economics scope in India is intended for students who want to pursue rewarding careers in business and economics. The programme aims to offer a multidisciplinary approach with the other social science streams, such as psychology, sociology, and political science, with economics as the focus.
Additionally, the curriculum format at BMU allows students to minor in Management/Finance to finish their honours degrees in an interdisciplinary setting. Graduate teaching internships, independent study, community involvement learning, service learning, undergraduate research projects, and other activities are just a few examples of experiential learning components.
B.A. Economics can earn academic credit for internships in economics research at a business, government agency, research centre, think tank, or institution. The student will significantly benefit from having experience writing an academic thesis at the undergrad level when pursuing higher education at prestigious Indian and international institutions or applying for jobs requiring technical writing expertise and in-depth knowledge.
- The Unique Advantages of B.Com Honours Program at BML Munjal University
- BBA Course After 12th Commerce – The Right Choice?
- Career After BA LLB Course – What Are the Options?
- BA Economics Scope in India – What Can You Do With This Degree?
- Pursuing B Tech at BMU – One of the Best Mechanical Engineering Colleges