Bachelor of Business Management – Learn to Drive Business Success
Management is, above all, a practice where art, science, and craft meet. – Henry Mintzberg.
Management, as a discipline, embraces a “holistic point of view”, as quoted by Yu in Kwarski 2020. In general, it is concerned with making the right choices in the right contexts. Morris (2019) captures this in his book
where he stated, management is “essentially about choice- in terms of what the organisation will do and won’t do to achieve specific goals and objectives, where such goals and objectives lead to the realisation of a stated mission and vision.”
Business management refers to the administration of an organisation, whether it is for profit, nonprofit, or government, through administration. It is the science of managing businesses, governments, and other organisational resources. The field of business management encompasses a wide range of industries and roles. It has been a popular and growing field with various opportunities for professionals.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) in the United States projects that employment in management occupations is expected to grow by 5% between 2019 to 2029, which is slightly faster than the average for all occupations. However, it’s important to note that growth rates can differ significantly for different management roles and industries.
Enquire Now for Admissions
Bachelor of Business Management – Your Gateway to the Business World
A Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) is a 3-year undergraduate degree programme that focuses on the principles and practices of managing various aspects of a business. It provides students with a broad understanding of business functions, including finance, marketing, human resources, operations, and strategic management. The business management degree programme prepares students to make sound business decisions.
It is similar to a public administration bachelor’s degree but exclusively for the business setting. Under this, students are taught to appreciate the numerous working aspects of a business and how they relate to the larger context. Some universities offer a general business management education that integrates virtually all disciplines. Others offer specialised majors for specific business processes.
What Subjects Are Covered in Bachelor of Business Management?
The syllabus of the course is divided into six semesters comprising core and elective subjects. The year-wise breakdown of Bachelor of Business Management subjects is given below:
1st Year Subjects
- Principles of Management- This subject teaches about the general guidelines for decision-making and behaviour.
- Cost Accounting- Cost accounting is a subject which teaches about assigning costs to objects, including a company’s services, products, and other activities.
- Business Mathematics- Business Mathematics is the subject that teaches commercial enterprises about recording and managing business transactions.
2nd Year Subjects
- Corporate Accounting- Corporate Accounting is a subject that deals with various accounting tasks of companies.
- E-commerce- This subject teaches about dealing in goods and services through the Internet.
- Indian Financial System- This subject teaches about the importance of the economy in the development of a country by encouraging savings and investment.
3rd Year Subjects
- Production Management- It teaches about products and the process of design, planning, and quality of the product.
- Human Resource Management- This subject teaches the management of people and their capabilities and efficiency in an organisation.
- Marketing Management- This subject teaches various operations and marketing activities.
Business Management Courses After 12th
After completing 12th grade, there are several business management courses available for students who are interested in pursuing a career in this field. Here are some popular options:
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA): It is a three-year undergraduate degree programme that provides a comprehensive understanding of business concepts and management principles.
- Integrated BBA+MBA: Some universities offer integrated programmes that combine a BBA and MBA into a single course, allowing students to earn both degrees in a shorter time frame.
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com): While B.Com is a general degree in commerce, it often includes management-related subjects.
- Diploma in Business Management (DBM): It is a shorter program typically spanning one to two years. It can be a suitable option for those looking for a shorter duration course.
- Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM): For those interested in the hospitality industry, a BHM programme provides specialised knowledge in hotel management. It prepares students for careers in hotel and resort management, event planning, and tourism.
These are just a few examples of the business management courses available after completing 12th grade. It’s important to research and consider the specific courses and institutions that align with your interests, career goals, and eligibility criteria. Additionally, factors such as accreditation, faculty, industry connections, and internships should also be taken into account when choosing a suitable programme.
The Curriculum of a Bachelor of Business Management Course
The curriculum of the course is designed to provide students with a solid foundation in business management principles and practices. The specific courses may vary depending on the university, but common subjects covered include:
- Core Business Courses: These courses provide a broad understanding of various business functions such as accounting, finance, marketing, human resource management, operations management, business law, economics, and organisational behaviour.
- Electives: Many BBM programs offer elective courses that allow students to specialise in specific areas of interest. These electives can vary based on the university but may include subjects like international business, entrepreneurship, strategic management, supply chain management, digital marketing, or leadership.
- Case Studies and Projects: BBM programs often incorporate case studies, group projects, and real-world simulations to help students apply their theoretical knowledge to practical business scenarios. These activities enhance critical thinking, problem-solving, and teamwork skills.
- Internships and Industry Exposure: Many BBM programs include internships or practical training components, which provide students with the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in a real business environment. This exposure allows students to apply their classroom knowledge, develop practical skills, and make industry connections.
Looking forward to a bright future in the business world? BML Munjal University (BMU) will give wings to your dreams through their Business Management Course! Let’s have a look at the University and what courses it offers to the students.
Business Management Courses @ BML Munjal University
BML Munjal University (BMU) aims to create, preserve and impart internationally benchmarked knowledge and skills to students of diverse communities across the world. The University’s goal is to nurture ethical leaders who are skilled, knowledgeable and have the necessary life skills for leading organisations towards success.
BMU provides a platform that unites a deep understanding of the corporate world and strong industry partnerships. The BBA-MBA Integrated programme at BMU aims at imparting knowledge of various fields of management with an entrepreneurial bent of mind. The five-year BBA-MBA Integrated programme is one such course that offers a practical understanding of business and prepares students for a long and fulfilling career. It is a blend of an undergraduate and a postgraduate management programme in a systematic progression.
Moreover, the curriculum is co-designed with academic mentor Imperial College London, which strikes a balance between people and technology, paving the way towards Enterprise 4.0. This will enable the graduates to drive organisations of the future for growth and profitability.
In conclusion, a Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) degree offers a comprehensive foundation in business principles and management practices. It equips students with the necessary knowledge and skills to pursue a wide range of career opportunities in various industries and sectors. Through core courses and elective options, a BBM programme covers key areas such as finance, marketing, human resources, operations, and strategic management. After completing a BBM degree, graduates can explore diverse career paths in corporations, small businesses, government agencies, non-profit organisations, and consulting firms.
Ultimately, the field of business management provides a strong foundation for individuals aspiring to succeed in the business world. It’s important for students to research and choose a reputable institution and program that aligns with their interests and career goals to maximise their educational and professional growth. BML Munjal University is one such eminent university which can provide you with a business management course. So, what are you waiting for? Apply for the BBA-MBA Integrated programme here!