BMU ACADEMIC WRITING RETREAT
To be held from 2-4 Feb, 2018 at BMU campus (Gurugram)
About the retreat
There is increasing pressure on faculty and doctoral candidates to publish in top journals. BMU presents a writer’s retreat, with the aim of providing participants with:-
1) An insight into mastering the art of a critical literature review.
2) Understanding the nuances of academic writing.
The retreat will be in the format of an intense residential workshop in the day time, while the evenings will free for reflection. The serene, green campus of BMU is a perfect backdrop for the reflectivity required for academic writing.
Here are some more details of the session format:-
- Introductory lectures on literature review and academic writing.
- Participants to lead discussions of readings provided.
- Paper critiquing and group discussion.
- Paper abstract writing sessions.
Candidates are expected to arrive at campus on Friday 2nd February at 5 pm, to be followed by a cultural show by students and dinner at 7 pm. The workshop will end on Sunday 4th at 5 pm.
Broad areas of coverage
- How to critically evaluate the literature, rather than just describe
The literature review is the first part of the research process, which is a stepping stone for framing your research question. Like data collection and subsequent analysis, this needs to be systematic, thorough and analytical.
- How to master journal selection and paper writing
Understanding the publication process including journal selection, abstract writing, appropriately responding to reviewers, avoiding plagiarism etc.
Dr Payal Kumar, Professor (School of Management) at BMU, has consistently conducted workshops on academic writing over the years at several HEIs in India, including IITs, IIMs and NIITs. For this workshop she draws on her experience as a member of reputed international journal boards, and also as former Vice President Editorial and Production, SAGE Publications Pvt. Ltd. Her publishing repertoire includes a plethora of publications, including as Series Editor of the 6-volume Palgrave Macmillan Leadership and Followership series.
- Aspirants to fill in the application form and send this to Mr Dutta (email@example.com) by 29th January, 2018 (last date of application).
- Selection would be made based on a 300-word write-up explaining how this academic writers’ retreat would benefit the candidate. Once selected, the candidates can pay the fee (details below).
- Please note that the workshop will be limited to 30 participants only.
|Early bird (before 15th January)||Rs 15,000|
The fee covers workshop material, board and lodging at the BMU campus for the three-day duration.
2 thoughts on “BMU ACADEMIC WRITING RETREAT”
Leave a Reply
Copyright © 2023 BML Munjal University - All Rights Reserved
Thank you so mcuh for usefull information