Connect with Us
Enquiry for Admission
BMU is focused on creating an immersive teaching-learning experience for its students, one that combines the best of campus-based learning with real life industry experience. This is best done by working hand-in-glove with industry, since industry’s goal is to get job-ready graduates and our goal is to graduate students who are industry-ready and employable. We have thus created and implemented a hands-on curriculum, one in which industry is embedded right from the get-go.“Industry has participated and advised at every stage of the BMU curriculum design and development programme. The profile of a BMU student — hands-on, holistic, ethics-based and confident of their life skills — was arrived at in consultative collaboration with industry, since they would be the primary recruiters of talent graduating from universities. A critical component of the hands-on, problem-solving approach would come from interning in industry as would much of the confidence gained through the development of skills such as communication and conflict resolution.”
Our linkages with industry include:
- Visiting faculty and guest speakers from industry
- Professional development of industry personnel
- Short site visits for our students
- Structured learning opportunities at industry locations (e.g., internship opportunities of one semester duration for which students are graded)
- Joint curriculum design and development
- Senior industry experts to participate in faculty selection and recruitment.
- Donation of obsolete equipment in working condition. This is being housed in the 40,000 sq. /ft ‘Workshop of the Future’ on our campus
In some cases, industry is also looking to establish ‘Centres of Excellence’ on our campus to provide students and faculty with the opportunity to work on real-life projects and cutting-edge technology. An example is the Centre of Excellence in Manufacturing Automation that is being established at the campus by Siemens.