- School School of Management
- Department/Programme BA
- Position (additional roles) 1. Faculty Advisor of Speak Easy Club
2. Member of Internal Communication Committee
3. Member of UFM committee
- Email email@example.com
Anusree Paul is Associate Professor in Economics in BML Munjal University in School of Management. She is having more than eleven years of teaching and research experience in the field of industrial economics and international trade. She has worked on various projects related to competition policy and economic growth funded by the British High Commission.
She has also worked on various projects on competition regulation in India’s agricultural sector, Zambia’s agricultural sector development, etc. funded by Oxfam International, SAWTEE. Moreover, she was also engaged with various projects of Ministry of Commerce, Government of India in a capacity of consultant.
She has done a certificate course in Economic Analysis of Non-tariff measures from UNCTAD and has worked on a Govt. of India project on Non-tariff measures issues of RCEP countries as a Consultant in Centre for Regional Trade, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, GoI. She has also worked with Centre for WTO Studies, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade as Consultant on government projects.
She has published many research articles in various national and international peer-reviewed Scopus journals and book chapters in the areas of regional trade agreements of India, competition policy, foreign direct investments, global competitiveness of Indian industries, etc.
She has also presented her original research papers in many national and international seminars and workshops and called for invited lectures for the Indian Statistical Service Probationers of the 40th batch to teach Industrial Statistics.
She has done her Ph.D. in Economics from University of Calcutta and Post Doctoral studies from Centre for International Trade and Development, Jawaharlal Nehru University. Her doctoral thesis was on the technical efficiency analysis of Indian Jute Industry, and the post-doctoral study was on the endogeneity of regional trade agreements.
Her research areas are applied econometrics, international economics, and industrial economics. She is proficient in statistical analysis and software like Stata, EViews, Gretl, Matlab and R (learning). In BMU, she is teaching econometrics, business statistics and mathematics.
- Econometrics, synthesizing and data analysis, business maths and stats
- Graduation In: B.Sc(H) in Economics
- Graduation From: University of Calcutta
- Graduation Year: 1997
- Post Graduation In: M.Sc in Economics
- Post Graduation From: University of Calcutta
- Post Graduation Year: 1999
- Doctorate In: Economics
- Doctorate From: University of Calcutta
- Doctorate Year: 2009
|From - To (Year)||Designation & Organization||Core Competency|
|August 2018 – June 2019||Associate ProfessorIndian School of Business & Finance, Affiliated to University of London||Econometrics, Software package -STATA, MATLAB|
|March 2016 – August 2018||Post- Doctoral FellowJawaharlal Nehru University, India||Econometrics, Software package -STATA, MATLAB|
|July 2010-December 2011, January 2013 - February 2016.||Assistant Professor in EconomicsSymbiosis School of Economics, Symbiosis International University, Pune, Maharashtra||Econometrics, Software package -STATA, MATLAB|
|January 2012- December 2012.||Senior Policy AnalystCUTS International, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India||Econometrics, Software package -STATA, MATLAB|
|July 2009 - June 2010||Assistant Professor in EconomicsVIT University, Vellore, Tamil Nadu||Econometrics, Software package -STATA, MATLAB|
|November 2007 - June 2009||Faculty of EconomicsTASMAC (Training and Advanced Studies in Management and Communications Limited) House, Kolkata, West Bengal||Econometrics, Software package -STATA, MATLAB|
|June 2007 - October 2007||Senior Research AssociateNSHM Business School, Kolkata, West Bengal||Econometrics, Software package -STATA, MATLAB|
Royal Economic Society
American Economic Association
Indian Econometric Society (Life member)
International Development Associates (IDEAs)
Alumni of Economics Department of Calcutta University (AACUED)
- Health Economics
- Applied Econometrics
- International Economics
- Trade policy
- Political Economy of Trade
- Regional Trade Agreements
- Non-Tariff Measures
- “Trade in Indo-Pacific: Trends and Prospects” with De, P in Indo-Pacific Partnership: Realising the Benefits of Economics and Maritime Cooperation, Indo-Pacific Report 2019, ISBN 978-81-932998-7-6, chapter 3, 2019.
- ‘Do Regional Trade Agreements Increase Trade of India? – An Econometric Approach’ with Pant M, Journal of Economic Integration, Sejong University, Vol 33(3), ISSN 1225-651X, 2018.
- ‘Productivity and Elasticity Differential between Direct and Contract Workers in Indian Manufacturing Sector’, with D Maity & P Dasgupta. Review of Market Integration, sage publication, vol. 6 no. 2, ISSN: 0974-9292: 236-260, August 2014.
- ‘Indian Outward FDI- A Way to Africa’, Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 157, ISSN: 1877-0428:183-195, 2014.
- ‘Technical Efficiency of Indian Jute Industry – A DEA Analysis using Firm Level Data’, with Pinaki Chakrabarti. International Journal of Applied Economics & Econometrics, vol.22, no.1, ISSN 0971-8281: 129-160, 2014.
- ‘Global Competitiveness and Performance of Indian Jute Industry in the era of Globalisation’, with Pinaki Chakrabarti. The Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, Vol. 47, No. 1, July 2011, ISSN: 0019-5286: 52-64,2011.
- ‘Indian Jute Industry in the Globalisation era: Structure and Performance’, with Pinaki Chakrabarti. Economic and Political Weekly, Vol: 46, No: 10, 2011. ISSN: 2349-8846: 2011.
- Centre for Regional Trade, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, New Delhi. Consultant, December 2017 – April 2018. Project: “NTM issues of RCEP Countries”, Sanctioned by Ministry of Commerce, Govt. of India.
- Centre for WTO Studies, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, New Delhi, India. Consultant, April 2018 – March 2019. Project: “Measures of Import Content of Export and Output – A Comparative Analysis of India and Select Group of Countries”.
- CUTS International, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India. Senior Policy Analyst, January 2012- December 2012. Project: “Competition Policy and Economic Growth in India”, Funded by British High Commission. Project: “Role of Competition Regulation in containing Food price rise in South Asia”, Funded by SAWTEE.
‘Industrial Economics’ on training programme on Industrial Statistics for the Indian Statistical Service Probationers of 41th batch, in National Statistical Systems Training Academy (NSSTA), Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation on 20th March 2019.
‘Industrial Economics’ on training programme on Industrial Statistics for the Indian Statistical Service Probationers of 40th batch, in National Statistical Systems Training Academy (NSSTA), Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation on 25th January 2018.
South Asian Economic Journal, Sage Publications.