- School School of Engineering and Technology
- Department/Programme BSc
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
My research is driven by the analysis of data from complex systems. My goal is to extract meaningful patterns from these data to uncover rules and mechanisms governing their structure and dynamics. Using tools from network theory, machine learning and data science, I investigate the several facets of scientific impact, social phenomena and financial market. I am interested in the broad areas of data science, computational social science, econophysics and science of science.
- Data Structure
- R, Networks
- Graduation In: B.Sc. Computer Science
- Graduation From: MLU DAV College, Guru Nanak Dev Univeristy
- Graduation Year: 2004-2007
- Post Graduation In: Masters of Computer Applications
- Post Graduation From: Panjab University
- Post Graduation Year: 2007-2010
- Doctorate In: Data Science
- Doctorate From: Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Doctorate Year: 2014-2019
|From - To (Year)||Designation & Organization|
|2011-2014||(Assistant Professor) Lovely Professional University, India||Teaching||Postdoctoral Researcher|
|2019-2021||(Postdoctoral researcher) Northwestern University, USA|
- Computational Social Science
- Computational Finance
- Science of Science
- (2021) K. Sharma and P. Khurana, “Growth and dynamics of Econophysics: A bibliometric and network analysis”, Scientometrics (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11192-021-03884-4.
- (2020) A. Chakraborti, K. Sharma, H. K. Pharasi, K. S. Bakar, S. Das, T. H. Seligman, “Emerging spectra characterization of catastrophic instabilities in complex systems”, New J. Phys. 22: 063043.
- (2020) A. Chakraborti, Hrishidev, K. Sharma, and H. K. Pharasi, “Phase separation and scaling in correlation structures of financial markets”, J. Phys. Complexity, 2 ,015002.
- (2020) S. S. Husain, K. Sharma, V. Kukreti and A. Chakraborti, “Identifying the global terror hubs and vulnerable motifs using complex network dynamics”, Physica A, 540, 123113.
- (2018) H. K. Pharasi, K. Sharma, R. Chatterjee, A. Chakraborti, F. Leyvraz, and T. H. Seligman, “Identifying long-term precursors of financial market crashes using correlation patterns”, New J. Phys. 20: 103041.
- (2018) K. Sharma, Anamika, A. S. Chakrabarti, A. Chakraborti and S. Chakravarty, “The Saga of KPR: Theoretical and Experimental developments”, Science and Culture (Kolkata) 84: 31-36.
- (2017) K. Sharma, B. Gopalakrishnan, A. S. Chakrabarti and A. Chakraborti, “Financial fluctuations anchored to economic fundamentals: A mesoscopic network approach”, SCIENTIFIC REPORTS 7: 8055.
- (2017) K. Sharma, G. Sehgal, B. Gupta, G. Sharma, A. Chatterjee, A. Chakraborti and G. Shroff, “A complex network analysis of ethnic conflicts and human rights violations”, SCIENTIFIC REPORTS 7: 8283.
- (2016) A. Chakraborti, D. Raina and K. Sharma, “Can an interdisciplinary field contribute to one of the parent disciplines from which it emerged?”, Eur. Phys. J. Special Topics 225, 3127-3135.
- UNAM-DGAPA IN 103017, entitles: “Sistemas de muchos cuerpos en y fuera de equilibrio”
- Award of 4000 Euro to complete a project on Data Science at Politecnico di Torino, Italy
Young Investigator Training Award, Matera, Italy