Prof. (Dr) Pritam Baruah Dean
- School School of Law
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Graduation In: BA BL (Hons)
- Graduation From: Nalsar University of Law
- Post Graduation In: Bachelor of Civil Law
- Post Graduation From: University of Oxford
- Doctorate In: Philosophy of Law
- Doctorate From: University College London
|From - To (Year)||Designation & Organization|
|2021||Professor of Law, O.P. Jindal Global University|
|2014-2020||Associate Professor of Law (Associate Dean, Institution-Building), O.P. Jindal Global University|
|2008-2013||Assistant Professor of Law WBNUJS, Kolkata|
|2006-2008||Advocate, Supreme Court of India|
- Uwe Volkman and Pritam Baruah, ‘Concepts of Democracy’ in ‘Constitutional Democracy in the European Union and India: Comparing the Law of Democracy in Continental Polities’ (Elgar 2021, eds. P. Dann & A. Thiruvengadam)
- Pritam Baruah, ‘Human Dignity in Indian Constitutional Adjudication’ in Human Dignity in Asia: A Dialogue between Law and Culture, (New York: Cambridge University Press 2021, eds. Jimmy Chia-Shin Hsu) Forthcoming.
- Pritam Baruah, ‘(De) Valuing Dignity: Three Risks of Dignity Inflation in the Indian Supreme Court’s Reasoning’, Economic and Political Weekly Vol. 55, Issue No. 31, 01 August, 2020.
- Pritam Baruah, ‘Are there any interpretive concepts?’ in V. Rodriguez, S. Khurshid, and L. Malik (eds) ‘Dignity in the Legal and Political Philosophy of Ronald Dworkin’ (Oxford University Press 2018)
- ‘Human Dignity in Adjudication: The Limits of Placeholding and Essential Contestability Accounts’, (2014) 27 Canadian Journal of Law and Jurisprudence 329.
- Pritam Baruah and Nicolas M Rouleau, ‘Democracy, Representation, and Self-Rule in the Indian Constitution’, Verfassung und Recht in Übersee VRÜ/Law and Politics in Africa, Asia and Latin America 44 (2011).