Among all the other streams of Engineering, Computer Science is one of the trending subjects among the 12th board exam takers. Reason? Of course it’s the job prospect globally. However; this is not an intelligent idea to pursue CSE just because others are pursuing it.
You need to know about your capabilities before you jump to the conclusion of selecting this lucrative stream of engineering education.
While you choose the stream, you definitely need to know a lot about that subject and all about that specific stream of Engineering so that you can be sure that you are taking up a right decision.
That is the perfect reason why today we are going to give a detailed guide about computer science engineering so that you can gain in-depth knowledge about the same.
Enquire Now for Admissions
What is Computer Science Engineering?
CSE comprises of the basic knowledge of computer programming and networking. The computer science experience will give ample knowledge about the implementation design and management of the entire information system in both the aspects- hardware as well as software.
What Does it Cover?
As the name suggests, this is a study which encompasses the theory of computation and the design and implementation of the computational systems. This is a course which is offered all over the globe in the best of the technical institutions and a student can do graduation as well as post-graduation degrees.
As part of the programme, students get to learn about developing hardware as well as software systems for the computers and they also gain ample knowledge over the communication systems and other similar devices. This is also one of the reasons why computer science graduates are best suited for robotics research.
- In case of undergraduate admission
- In case of postgraduate admission
- Need for new devices and software- With the advancement of technology, the world is absolutely paralyzed without the innovative devices coming up. That is the reason why there will be the need for immense manpower who are skilled in the field of computer science.
- IT hubs require experts- With every passing date, a number of software companies and IT hubs like Silicon Valley are increasing and therefore there is an increasing demand for skilled professionals and CSE experts.
- Experts required for cloud computing- With the trending concepts like cloud computing, the future technologies are depending on it and most of the companies are looking for a specialist who can actually hand give the entire segment of cloud computing and help in the progression of the business.
- Job in telecommunications- With the Rise in digitalization, the telecommunication systems are absolutely depending on the computer services and that is the reason why computer engineers are employed in this field.
- Transportation services- With the resurfacing of the GPS services transportation services are in dire need of computer science engineers.
- Manufacturing unit of computers- Needless to say, no one other than the computer science engineers will know how to build computers in the best possible manner. There is a reason why most of the major Fortune 500 computer manufacturing companies are looking forward to hiring more and more efficient computer science engineers.
- Sun Microsystems
- Texas Instruments
- Merrill Lynch & Co
In the case of the UG programme, the students should have passed his Higher Secondary examination from CBSE or any other equivalent board with the core subjects as physics chemistry and mathematics. The selection is done on the basis of calculating the aggregate marks which should match the cut-off criteria. In some cases, National level entrance tests are done in order to choose the best of the students who are eligible to enroll in this course.
The Aspiring Candidate should have a BTech degree from a well-recognized University and the percentile should be matching the criteria. Also, there are exams like GATE which are conducted to find out the eligible students who can get enrolled in the MTech course.
Scope of Computer Science Engineering?
Computer Science Engineering: Facts You Should Know
Did you know that in accordance to the US Bureau of labour statistics right now computer science engineers are holding onto about 79000 jobs in the USA which means that of about 1.5 million jobs which are held by the engineers 5.3 % are taken up by the computer engineers alone.
Here are the names of some of the major companies which have hired the computer science engineers:
Common Subjects Covered
- Cloud computing- It is the system of using a disconnected network of remote servers on the internet and to bind them together to store manage and process the data rather than in a desktop for a personal computer or even a local server so that the data becomes Invincible.
- Computer Architecture and Organisation– It is the study of the internal working mechanism of the computers as well as the implementation of the entire computer system. It can also be termed as learning the construction of the inner structure of computers.
- Database management systems- It is a course about the kind of software that is responsible for the storage and retrieval of data in the computer system. It is also responsible for regular updates of the data for the users.
- Design and analysis of algorithms- It helps you learn about how algorithms are to be designed to solve every kind of problem in the branch of Computer Science and information technology.
- Unix programming- It is a study about one of the most popular operating systems which were first developed in 1960 and has been upgraded ever since. It helps the students in learning the essence of multitasking.
- Compiler design- This helps in making the students learn about the importance of a compiler and helps in designing the same so that it can detect the error and also rectify it in the computer system.
- Computer networks- This study is all about how the world of networking works and how it helps in the storage of data in various segments. It is one of the most essential topics of study and consists of theoretical as well as practical approaches.
- Data structure and algorithm- This is a structural study of the computers and it comprises of a special format which is used for organizing and storing data. It helps the students in learning about how the data is to be structured and designed in order to solve a specific issue.
- Distributing computing systems- This is one of the major concepts in the world of computer engineering and it refers to numerous computer systems working in sync on a single platform with the help of networking.
- Software testing- This is a study about a procedure which is used to compute over the functionality of any software application to test whether the software is capable of meeting the specific requirements or not, and if not what are the defects the route to be rectified in order to enhance the quality of the software.
- Software engineer- It is the kind of job role in which the person has to apply the basic knowledge of computer science engineering in order to design develop manage and implement a computer software which can be used for problem-solving in the field of Information Technology. The starting salary of any software engineer can range from INR 4 lakh to 5 lakh.
- IT administrator- Also known as the system administrator he or she has the job responsibility in order to configure and achieve the computer systems so that all the multi-user computers can remain upgraded. The starting salary of an IT administrator is INR 2 lakh to 2.5 lacs.
- Mobile application developer- The job role of the mobile application developer is to create software that is compatible to the smaller platforms like mobiles so that the users can gain access to it whenever and wherever they like. The starting salary of any mobile application developer is 3.5 lakhs to 4.5 lakhs INR.
- Software tester- As the name suggests the main work of the software tester is to keep keen supervision over the software that is being created every day so that there is a quality check over them. Starting salary of the software tester are from INR 2 lakh to 3 lakh.
The field of CS has some of the greatest advantages like having a great pay, innovative and challenging working patterns and constantly learning new things.
But like every other stream, there are a number of cons as well, like the work can be monotonous sometimes, and all other times there can be long and tiring hours of work.
CS is one of those without which the world of academics and industry would definitely have crashed down. Needless to say, it is very popular among youngsters.