International Immersion – SoET
- Objective: The international immersion programme gives our undergraduate students first-hand experience of the global marketplace at universities across globe. Our engineering students will benefit from a holistic understanding of the technology, innovation, design, new culture, leadership skills, and different practices conducted in different parts of the world. The international immersion is offered as an optional programme to our undergraduate students (B. Tech) during their 1st/2nd/3rd year summer breaks.
- Credit Transfer from summer courses from foreign universities: A student can replace one of his/her open electives (in BMU current semester) with the course that he/she has done in the summer school. In that case, credits may be allotted as per his/her elective’s allotted credits in accordance with the BMU credit transfer policy. Alternatively, student can also take their international summer course as an audited one*.
- Summer courses, based on the student’s choice of subjects: A student can opt for any summer program of the following universities for the academic year 2023-24**:
- London School of Economics, UK
- University of Warwick, UK
- Leeds University, UK
- University of Zurich, Switzerland
- Hochschule München University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- Singapore Management University, Singapore
- Nanyang Technical University, Singapore
- Cost involved: Summer programs are a substantial investment and tuition fees for the various programs can vary from a low of 2 lakhs to over 4 lakhs.*** This does not include the substantial costs for travel, accommodation, visas, food, and other living expenses. BMU is available to discuss summer programs with students, including issues regarding cost and value-added.
- Travel assistance: The university provides students with assistance through a university-retained travel advisor in obtaining visas, air tickets, and accommodation. The final costs and logistics for these programs—including costs for tuition, organizing visas, planning travel, etc.—are, ultimately, the responsibility of the students who wish to attend them.
- Course duration: 2-4 weeks.
* as per BMU credit transfer policy.
** the list of universities is subject to change based on the nature and availability of the specialized courses.
*** subject to change and will vary based on actual fees of the respective universities at the point of program selection.