Course Curriculum Structure for 5 years integrated BA.LL.B.
FOUNDATION PAPERS (Compulsory) – 20 (As prescribed by BCI)
CLINICAL PAPERS- 4
ELECTIVE/OPTIONAL PAPERS- 6
OTHER SUBSIDIARY SUBJECTS AND PAPERS IN FIRST DEGREE LEVEL
In the BA.LL.B Programme at School of Law, in addition 20+4 compulsory subjects of law, in line with BCI Legal Education Rules, a student necessarily has to opt one Major group (having six papers up to six semester) and two minor groups (having three papers each up to sixth semester) as follow:
|Economics (Major)||1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th|
|Political Science (Minor-I)||1st, 2nd, 3rd|
|Sociology (Minor-II)||4th, 5th, 6th|
1. Draw on a sound understanding of concepts, principles and theories of private and public law, business laws and environmental laws, through a blend of theory and experiential learning including internships.
2. Exhibit knowledge and awareness of general issues related to society, economy, politics, legal and business environment, and to be able to communicate effectively.
3. Ability to formulate a legal problem, synthesize information, analyse, and interpret legal issues to solve problems.
4. Understand the importance of interdisciplinary study and develop the skills necessary to use the domain knowledge in one discipline to enrich one’s understanding and skills in other disciplines.
5. Demonstrate inquisitiveness and critical thinking ability to solve legal problems.
6. Integrate socio-ethical responsibility, life, and professional skills in legal practice.
7. Employ creativity for the benefit of organization and society at large and develop a global and international perspective on domestic issues.