The Unique Advantages of B.Com Honours Program at BML Munjal University
The Bachelor of Commerce programme aims to equip students with a broad range of managerial abilities while developing their expertise in a specific field of business. Like the BBA, the Bachelor of Commerce presents a speciality component that helps students sharpen their business abilities and gain in-depth wisdom about their chosen industry.
Understanding the History of B Com Honours Degree
The University of Birmingham was the inaugural institution to offer the Bachelor of Commerce degree. The School of Commerce was formed by William Ashley, an Oxford-educated Englishman who was the first faculty of political economics and constitutional history in the Faculty of Arts at the University of Toronto. He established the University of Birmingham’s School of Commerce in England. Ashley started the curriculum, which served as a model for several other BCom degree programmes around the British Empire.
Advantages of B.com Honours at BML Munjal University
A graduate degree in commerce demonstrates tenacity, drive, intelligence, and the capacity to thrive in demanding environments—all traits that employers look for in candidates for administrator and director roles.
Accounting, Finance, and other prominent fields where B.Com (Hons) graduates can work. Prestigious companies in various industries can hire candidates after completing a course at the university. The curriculum and teaching strategies at BML Munjal University (BMU) enable students to prepare for their future professional advancements. The following are the advantages of B.com Honours at BMU:
- A Strong Foundation for Economic Management and Planning: B.Com. Graduates from BMU acquire a robust financial planning and administration foundation, making them an invaluable addition to any organisation. Moreover, a solid educational foundation offers the door to further specialised certifications or degrees. This is one of the unique advantages of B.Com Honours at BML Munjal University.
- Massive Career Prospects: A Bachelor of Commerce degree in BMU covers various topics, including accounting, costing and taxation, law, marketing, economics, management, and business. This makes a variety of work alternatives possible. The industries that hire commerce graduates include banking, business consultancies, accounting companies, educational institutions, industrial houses, investment banking, treasury & FX, budget planning, agricultural economics, stockbroking, etc. This is one of the well-known advantages of B.Com Honours at BMU.
- Opportunity for Higher Study: Many BCom graduates from BMU continue their studies. Several postgraduate courses and programmes are available to help advance one’s profession. Among the courses on the list are M.Com, CA, MBA, CFA, CS, CFP, Digital Marketing, and ACCA. Additionally, some students take challenging government examinations. This is one of the most prominent advantages of B.Com Honours at BML Munjal University.
- Potential of Employment within Governmental and Private Industries: There are several work options for B.Com graduates in the public and private sectors, which is one of the most prominent advantages of B.Com Honours at BMU. Many positions in the government are only open to those with a B.Com degree, including those in the railroads, agriculture, defence, and banking. B.Com grads also have many employment options in the Finance & Accounts division at government-run companies like NTPC, SAIL, and BHEL.
- Competency in Both Entrepreneurship and Jobs: An individual with a BCom degree from BMU is qualified for a business career, either as an employee or as a business owner. Graduates of BCom programmes can adapt to the rapidly changing business environment and comprehensively understand the firm’s market-relevant features. Instead, individuals may launch their enterprises and manage them efficiently and competently without the aid of marketing or accounting professionals. They may think about global financial potential as well. This is one of the well-known advantages of B.Com Honours at BML Munjal University.
The University is named after the founder of the Hero Group, Dr Brijmohan Lall Munjal. The BML Munjal University’s (BMU) Bachelor of Commerce (Hons) degree programme is intended to demonstrate to students their tenacity, resolve, creativity, and capacity for managing demanding situations.
Enquire Now for Admissions
B Com Hons Eligibility Criteria and Admission Process at BML Munjal University
The applicant must send the completed application form and all required documents, including certified copies of all diplomas. Candidates will be considered according to predetermined measures of their communication, application-oriented inventiveness, and analytical skills.
Selected individuals enrolled in or who have previously finished class 12 will get opportunities from BMU. This is the foremost B Com Hons eligibility criteria for a student. BMU will offer selected candidates enrolled in or who have already completed class 12. If class 12 results are still pending, admission to BMU depends upon passing class 12 and submitting your grades. The admissions staff will contact the chosen applicants again to finish the admissions process.
Subjects Offered in BMU’s B Com Honours Programme
In BML Munjal University’s undergraduate B.Com (Hons) degree, students get an in-depth knowledge of Accounting and Finance, eCommerce, Taxation, and other related topics. BMU offers Generic Elective Courses, Ability Enhancement Compulsory Courses, Discipline Specific Electives and Skill Enhancement Courses. Let’s take a look at the subjects covered in the degree:
Generic Elective Courses:
- Introduction to Psychology
- Introduction to Sociology
- Living Literature and Arts
- Philosophy and Logic
- World CivilizationsCivilizations
- Derivatives and Risk Management
- Political Science
- Social Communication
- Photography and Video Editing
- Indian Culture & Ethos
- Foreign Language
- Contemporary Societal Issues
- Indian Constitution
- Forex and Treasury Management
Ability Enhancement Compulsory Courses:
- Business Communication
- Environmental Studies and Disaster Management
- Blockchain and Financial Technologies
- Predictive Business Analytics using R
- Fundamentals of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Technology
- Forensic Accounting and Corporate Fraud
- Frauds in Financial Statements, Institutions and Products
- Cyber Security and Frauds
- Palm Greasing & Asset Misappropriation (Corruption & Bribery)
- Banking and Insurance
- Actuarial Science in Financial Institutions
- Principles and Practices of Banking and Insurance
- Legal & Regulatory Aspects of Banking and Insurance
- Derivative and Risk Management
- Derivatives and Risk Management
- Actuarial Science in Financial Institutions
- Credit Appraisal and Business Valuation
Skill Enhancement Courses:
- Critical Reasoning and Systems Thinking
- Data Visualization
- Effective Presentation skills
- Excel Spreadsheet Modelling
- Etiquette and Conversational Skills
- Negotiation and Dispute Resolution
- Joy of Innovation
- Problem Solving and Consulting Skills
- Wealth Management and Financial Planning
- Anti Money laundering Laws (Anti- Money Laundering Specialist)
- Selling, Negotiating and Persuading Skills
- Resume Writing and Career Skills
- Teamwork and Leadership
- Strategic Risk Taking Skills
BMU International Immersion Programme – Providing Students Global Exposure
BMU has a well-designed, regularly revised curriculum that gives leading managers the skills and competencies they need to succeed in global business because it recognises the necessity of globalisation.
Students at BMU’s School of Economics and Commerce get the opportunity to participate in the International Immersion Program at the London School of Economics (LSE). It allows students to function well in a setting distinct from their “home culture” and gain knowledge in an international environment. The unique advantages of B.com Honours International Immersion module include the following:
- Workshops furnished by the Summer School programme allow you to acquire the skills you’ll need to succeed when you start your career.
- It provides an unrivalled networking opportunity to help you succeed in your profession.
- A credential from one of the world’s elite universities will give you an edge over your contemporaries.
- Employers value the time and money you have put into your personal growth. It is evident that you have attended courses, developed networks, and gained knowledge from a global cohort.
Kick Start Your Career in Commerce
BML Munjal University is dedicated to generating, maintaining, and disseminating internationally benchmarked knowledge and skills to a broad community of students worldwide. Students who are experts in a certain field, such as that provided by a B Com Honours, are frequently hired by large MNCs or internationally known businesses.
The University is set up to give students managerial abilities in business-related fields. Additionally, by the time they complete the programme, students have a thorough understanding of fundamental areas like Accounting, Law, Statistics, Finance, and Marketing, to mention a few. Remember, education always pays off, and having this degree gives you a stable job.