The tech industry has a wide scope for new technologies like AI, machine learning, robotics and what not. The times have changed and thus the requirements.
Ask any working IT professional or a computer science engineer, you will get to know that programming languages like Java, C++ are very rarely used in building up complex projects these days. Thus, the need for new languages like Python have emerged.
If you are a student or an aspiring IT professional, we have got you a detailed post covering the best books to learn Python in 2019.
Python is a programming language which was created by Guido van Rossum. It is a multipurpose language that has many applications such as scientific and mathematical computing, web development and desktop graphical user interface.
The main reason for the popularity of this language is that the code lengths are short as compared to other programming languages.
It is a very easy language which can be learned by individuals. The syntax of the language is easy to grasp making it possible for the people to focus on the problem than on the syntax.
Enquire Now for Admissions
The extensive features of python programming are what make it a widely learned programming language. It is the perfect programming language which can be learned by beginners.
There has been quite a rise in the Python programming language, and hence its demand has also increased in the market. There are many books in the market which are quite capable of teaching Python to beginners as well as advanced programmers.
Lets’ check them one by one.
10 Best Books to Learn Python in 2019
- Python Crash Course: A Hands-On, Project-Based Introduction to Programming
The Python Crash Course is a book written by Eric Matthews and is the perfect book for beginners who which to take their initial steps in the Python programming language.
The book is quite face-paced and useful for beginners. The book is comprehensive in nature and wishes to make you get used to the language in no time.
This book is designed to give you a speedy idea about the programming language and make sure that you can write real programs in a very short time.
This book is also good for individuals who have the basic knowledge about this language and want to get a clearer idea.
The book will give you a compact idea about the different tools and libraries that would help in creating amazing visualizations. The creation of web applications and 2d games would also be known through this book.
- The book is of 560 pages and has two sections. The first section contains basic knowledge about Python programming.
- You will also know how to write codes which are readable and clean which will help you to create different interactive programs. At the end of the first part, there is a topic on how to test the written code before it can be added to a project.
- The second section of the book is more practical in their approach.
- There are three different kinds of projects that are mentioned which will help to test whatever you have learned in the first part. The three projects are a simple web application, an arcade game,and data visualizations.
- Head-First Python (2nd Edition)
The Head-First Python is a book written by Paul Barry and is the perfect book to have if you want to learn about the basic in Python programming.
The book provides a way out of the gruesome journey of going through tutorials and different books with unnecessary knowledge. The fundamentals of the Python programming are explained in this book in a very clear but compact way.
The book has intensive knowledge on how you can build web applications, data wrangling, exception handling and many other concepts of Python programming.
Learning from this book will help you quickly to get a clear understanding of how to write your own programmes in a very short span of time.
- The book gives an extensive view of the Python programming language.
- There are many practical and theory basics that are established in the book which is best for beginners.
- The author of the book was a lecturer at the Institute of Technology in Carlow, Ireland. He is also the author of other well-known programming books. This is one of the widely sold books when it comes to learning Python Programming.
- Learn Python the Hard Way (3rd Edition)
‘Learn Python the Hard Way’ is a book whose 3rd edition was written by Zed A. Shaw. The book has a collection of 52 exercises which are perfectly collated.
In this book, there are certain codes which the reader has to read and then type it accordingly. After the codes are typed the mistakes in the courts, have to be fixed by the reader for their better understanding and see how the programs run.
In the codes that are given in the books, there are certain common mistakes that people often make. The main aim of the exercises is to find out these common mistakes and have a clear understanding of how to not make them while doing some professional work.
- The exercises in the book will help to get a better understanding of working with the actual software. And the structure in which the programs should be written so that there are no mistakes while writing the codes.
- Moreover, the books also specify certain tricks that are often used by professional programmers while they are writing codes.
- The book starts by providing a guide on how to install Python and then write optimized codes in the program. There are various topics that are discussed in books such as variables, files, program design, basic mathematics, and many others.
- This book is perfect for beginners who want to learn the basics of Python programming.
- Python Programming: An Introduction to Computer Science (3rdEdition)
The third edition of this book is written by John Zelle. The first and second editions of this book were published in 2004 and 2010 respectively.
This is not only a book which is perfect for Python programming, but it also states the idea of the art of programming.
In this book, you will find an introduction to various programming techniques and tasks which will help in getting an overall idea of what programming is all about.
There are introduction topics such as computer science programming and many others which are mentioned in this book. In this book, Python programming is used just as a medium among all other programming languages.
- This book is designed in such a way that the language and structure are easy and interesting for beginners to understand and read.
- People often opt for this book if they want to have total knowledge about programming along with Python programming in a very easy way.
- A major upgrade that has happened to the third edition of this book is that it comes with many graphic examples which have made it easy for beginners to get a more practical view of the programming language.
- The practicality of this book has made it quite a success in the market for beginners and also for advanced programmers who want to brush up certain basics.
- Learning with Python: How to Think Like a Computer Scientist
Learning with Python was written by three authors who are Allen Downey, Jeff Elkner and Chris Meyers. This book is only for beginners who are just stepping into the Python programming language.
It is perfect for people who are introducing themselves to Python programming and want to use the language to solve certain real-world problems and to engage in programming.
The book has a total of 20 sections that it is divided into. The first few sections of the book discuss the basics of programming and what are the features and the constituents that form a program.
It further moves on to certain basic concepts of Python programming which are conditionals, variables, integration, functions and fruitful functions.
- As the book advances more, you will find that the authors have discussed certain core concepts of the Python programming language which are an inheritance, stacks, hotels, trees, objects, cues, lists and debugging.
- This can be termed as one of the best books which are perfect for beginners and have an easy and interesting effect for people who want to learn about the Python programming language.
- The step by step learning helps many people who are new to the whole concept of programming to get a better idea of what they would be learning further.
- A Byte of Python
‘A Byte of Python’ is written by C.H. Swaroop. This is another well-written book about Python programming for beginners.
The book was written with the aim to guide the people who are just starting into the basics of the Python. A major part of the book discusses only one version of python which is python 3.
However, there other older versions of python which are also covered in the book. There are more than 26 languages in which the book is available.
You can find the book written in Swedish, German, Russian, Portuguese, Ukrainian, Spanish, Chinese, French, Turkish and Korean.
These translations have been done by other community members who wanted to spread the language and the knowledge of the books to people who could not understand the English language.
- The translated books also updated along with the original version of the book which is written by the author.
- The book starts by describing what the entire book covers and by describing the Python language and how it has today erupted as one of the most powerful programming languages in the whole world.
- It then further moves on to other concerts of python and describe each of them in extensive detail along with certain examples.
- At the end of the book, you will find special problems which you can solve to understand the level of your skills.
- Python Cookbook: Recipes for Mastering Python 3
The book by David Beazley and Brian K. Jones, ‘Python Cookbook’ will help you in becoming a master of the Python 3 version. It will also help you upgrade on your skills about the python 2 version.
As the name of the book suggests, it is a cookbook about different codes of the Python programming which are tried and tested by experienced programmers of python.
This book has a more modern approach with tools and codes which are of modern times rather than the traditional coding system.
If you are a person who wishes to break away from the traditional coding pattern and want to test your skills in a more modern setting, then this is the perfect book for you.
- There are several ‘recipes’ on various topics of python which are covered along with their uses.
- You can also find various applications of the Python programming which are also written in the modern pattern. Some of the topics which are written in the book are data structures, functions, modules, concurrency, debugging, testing, exceptions, packages, iterators, strings,and
- Each of the topics and the recipes that are written in the book has some sample coding which an individual can use in their respective projects.
- Introduction to Machine Learning with Python: A Guide for Data Scientists
Machine learning has seen a huge rise in the last few years in the commercial sector. The machine learning has been applied in many projects and applications which are being found in the commercial field.
The book was written as an introduction to machine learning with Python written by Sarah Guido, and Andreas C.
Muller will help in teaching you how the language of python is used to build an individual’s machine learning solutions.
With the wide use of machine learning applications, this book is a very handy guide so people who want to make the use of this technology along with Python programming language.
- The book gives you an extensive idea along with several steps on how to create an application of machine learning along with the use of Python programming language and sci-kit-learn
- The book possesses a deep knowledge of the uses and various fundamental concept involved in machine learning.
- It is a book that is perfectly suitable for advanced programmers who want to understand the different advanced concepts and methods which would help them in getting a deeper knowledge about the machine learning algorithms which are involved with Python programming language.
- Fluent Python: Clear, Concise, and Effective Programming
Fluent Python written by Luciano Ramalho is the best guide on learning how to write effective codes of Python programming.
The book adapts some of the most neglected features which are still the best in the language. The author describes these neglected features of amazingly appropriate details.
This is done to ensure that the reader knows how to write the codes of Python programming in a faster and shorter way and also the making it readable to the user.
- There are numerous concepts which are covered in this book and are included but not limited to data structures, object-oriented idioms, meta programming, data model, control flow and functions as objects.
- Advanced programmers of python will be able to learn the proper use of python 3 version and will be able to become more proficient in it.
- This book has an extensive detail about the latest version of python and is perfect for effective programming in a much clear and concise way just as its name suggests.
- This is one of the most used books in 2019 when it comes to Python programming and learning the language in a more effective way.
- Programming Python: Powerful Object-Oriented Programming
Programming Python is a book written by Mark Lutz which is very good for programmers who have a better understanding of the program of python and understood the usage of their skills in real life projects and applications.
This book includes many tutorials of the various applications of Python programming such as the web, GUIs and system administration.
The book offers in-depth tutorials about how the Python programming language is used in text processing, networking, front-end scripting layers, databases, and many others.
- The very common tools, syntax, languages, and programming techniques that are used in Python will be explained in the book in a very brief but a very clear manner.
- They also have many examples that are shown in the book which demonstrates the correct use of codes and idioms in Python programming. There are also multiple examples that illustrate the proper use of a software development tool with the use of the Python programming language.
- This is the most informative and best book of 2019 for advanced programmers who want to get the hang of the more modern and in-depth used techniques and codes of the Python language.
The article names the 10 best books to learn the Python programming language in 2019.
The above-mentioned books are written by well-known authors who have in-depth knowledge about the field and efficient in the Python programming language.
You can buy any of these books depending on your advancement and hang of the knowledge and use these books to learn and to get a more basic idea along with some advanced programs about the Python language.
Even though there are many other books written based on the Python programming language these above mentioned 10 books are the best in the market as of the current year and have all the knowledge that you need to become a good programmer of python.