Engineering Remains the Highly Pursued Career Option Globally. Let’s Know About the Best Engineering Courses
Engineering is one of the most sought-after career options for most Indian students. According to various reports and surveys, India produces over 25% of the world’s best engineers every year. Also, the country has the largest number of engineering education institutes in the world.
From Computer Science Engineering to Mechanical Engineering to Electronics Engineering, there are over 100+ engineering courses in India today, making it quite challenging for students to choose the right one. So, in this blog, we have narrowed down the choices to the top three that offer immense career opportunities, not only in the country but also across the world.
Top 3 Best Engineering Courses for a Rewarding Future
Each of these graduate-level courses opens numerous doors for a fruitful career for engineering graduates:
- Computer Science Engineering
With the IT industry booming like never before, the demand for computer science engineers is very high today, and the job outlook for future computer science engineers looks quite promising. According to a recent report, by 2028:
- Computer Engineering jobs are anticipated to grow by 6%.
- Computer Science jobs are projected to grow by 16%.
Also referred to as Computer Engineering, Computer Science Engineering combines various aspects of electrical engineering with several fields of computer science to develop new computer software and hardware. The engineering discipline covers several topics related to programming languages, computation, programme design, coding, software development, computer hardware, and project management.
After completing a Computer Science Engineering degree, candidates can get recruited by marquee companies like:
The popular job profiles for Computer Science Engineering students include:
- Software Engineer
- Web Designer/Developer
- Software Tester
- Design Engineer
- System Engineer
- Application Developer
- Project Manager
- Technology/Data Analyst
- Cyber Security Specialist
And when it comes down to skills, candidates are required to develop or improve abilities like:
- Critical thinking
Enquire Now for Admissions
Finally, the starting salary of a Computer Science Engineering graduate ranges from INR 4 Lakhs to INR 5 Lakhs per annum.
- Mechanical Engineering
Often called the forerunner of all engineering streams, Mechanical Engineering ranks second in the list of the best engineering courses. It is perhaps one of the oldest and broadest types of engineering that deals with designing, manufacturing, and maintaining mechanical systems. While pursuing the course, you’ll study various subjects like thermodynamics, statics and dynamics, fluid dynamics, stress analysis, mechanical design, and technical drawing.
The job prospects for this course are very excellent as the employment of mechanical engineers is projected to grow 4% from 2019 to 2029, leading to the birth of hundreds of thousands of jobs. Moreover, the expected growth in the job market for mechanical engineers is 8.8% between 2016 and 2026.
Once you have completed a Mechanical Engineering degree from a reputed institution, you can unlock many remunerative jobs in prominent government and private organisations like:
- Tata Motors
- Indian Railway
The popular job roles for Mechanical Engineering students are:
- CAD Technician
- Contracting Civil Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
- Toolroom In-charge
- Mechanical Process Engineer
- Mechanical Design Engineer
- Control Engineer
- Instrumentation Specialist
- Construction Engineer
- Automobile Engineer
And if we talk about the starting salary of a Mechanical Engineering graduate, it ranges from INR 4-20 Lakhs per annum.
Mechanical Engineering was once among the male candidates’ domains, but there has been an immense rise in female enrollees over the past few years. So if you’re inclined toward product design, automobiles, manufacturing, and machinery, Mechanical Engineering might be a good option.
- Electronics & Computer Engineering
Electronics & Computer Engineering is the branch of Electronics Engineering that aims to integrate two separate engineering fields, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, to build components, devices, equipment, and computer systems. As a combination of the two most popular disciplines, this cross-disciplinary course not only gives you an excellent grounding in both areas but exposes you to a wide range of career opportunities.
As an Electronics and Computer Engineering student, you will come across subjects related to both fields, like Computer Graphics, Electrical Science, Microprocessors, Artificial Intelligence, and Operating Systems. To opt for a career as an Electronics and Computer Engineer, you should have skills like:
- A Curious Mind
- Critical Thinking
- Complex Problem-solving Skills
- Aptitude for Maths
- Strong IT Skills
- Communications Skills
- Strong Interest in Technology
- Time Management
After graduating in Electronics & Computer Engineering from a reputed university, candidates can be recruited by leading companies, including:
- Hewlett Packard
- Tech Mahindra
Some of the job profiles that an Electronics and Computer engineer can opt for are:
- Electrical Technician
- Computer Support Specialist
- System Control Engineer
- Electronic Design Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Automation Analyst
- Network Engineer
- Software Developer
The salary of an Electronics & Computer Engineering fresher ranges between INR 4-5 LPA.
Electronics & Computer Engineering has always been a popular career choice among Indian engineering aspirants. If you love solving real-world problems with mathematics and science, this might be an ideal course for you.
BML Munjal University (BMU) Introduces the Best Engineering Courses
Although the future scope of engineering is quite promising in terms of growth and stability, the accreditation of your degree will depend on where you study the course. BML Munjal University, India’s finest private university, offers all the engineering courses mentioned above after the 12th. The structure of each course encompasses a vivid blend of theoretical knowledge, practical experience, core courses, specialisation areas, foundational understanding, and the development of industry-relevant skills.
Why is BMU Best Among the Rest?
The School of Engineering & Technology at BML Munjal University aims to nurture technically sound, industry-ready engineers who will evolve into entrepreneurs and innovators in the future. A few aspects that make BML the best engineering college of choice for budding engineers are:
- Experiential Learning: The University spends up to 45% of contact hours on experiential learning.
- Avant Garde Education: It focuses on building critical thinking, problem-solving, and presentation skills, along with refining communication and leadership skills.
- Academicians par Excellence: Faculty from prestigious Indian and global institutions such as IITs, IIMs, NLUs, MIT, and Stanford University.
- Industry Partnerships: Centres of Excellence and state-of-the-art Laboratories set up by top MNCs such as Microsoft, Siemens, IBM, and AIMA.
- University Partnerships: BMU’s academic mentor is Imperial College London, ranked 7th in the QS World University Rankings 2022. In addition, the university further augments the learning experience through collaborations with renowned global universities like Singapore Management University, Carleton University, Aston University, Kent State University, and many more.
- Practice School: It provides students with hands-on learning through a rigorous internship programme under the supervision of faculty and industry experts. Over 150 companies visit Practice School every year.
- The Big Business Connect: While students frequently visit marquee MNCs like L&L, KPMG, Siemens, etc., industry speakers regularly visit the campus to interact with students.
Experience the True Joy of Engineering with Hi-tech Labs
Moreover, BML Munjal University houses state-of-the-art labs that provide aspiring engineers with the best opportunities to identify needs or problems, work out solutions, and create world-class, innovative products and services. Some of them are:
- State-of-the-Art Workshop
- 3D Printing Lab
- Siemens Centre of Excellence includes advanced labs such as Robotics Lab, Energy Efficiency Lab, Mechatronics Lab, and Centre for Advance Materials.
Besides academic learning, young engineers at BML Munjal University are also given accessible resources to participate in several extra-curricular activities: sports, music, dance, theatre, fitness, and more. The varsity also has a dedicated Career Guidance and Development Centre (CGDC) team that organises engagement programmes to help engineering graduates find excellent placement opportunities in renowned companies across India and abroad. As a result, over 95% of students were recruited by top companies in the 2021-2022 batch.
BMU – Your Gateway to Be a World-Class Engineer
In today’s highly-competitive business environment, an engineering aspirant needs more than just a degree, something more impactful than classroom lectures, and to learn beyond textbooks. BML Munjal University is the new age university that closes all the gaps between theory and practice, learning and living, and classroom and industry, preparing you for the corporate world from day one after graduation. So join the league of extraordinary engineers at BMU and pave the way to a bright, successful future!