What is the use of Studying BBA in India? Must Read Guide
While considering career options after the 12th grade, it is important for you to keep in mind the kind of career that you ultimately want to pursue.
If you are interested in business and finance, there are plenty of courses available for you to sharpen your knowledge and skill set in the subject.
A lot of students who wish to become entrepreneurs in the future should consider taking up a BBA degree and then follow it up with an MBA.
The BBA degree has all the essential stepping stones you need to develop a more creative idea about running a business. You will learn all the major skills and principles of international business, as well as the laws and ethical rules that need to be maintained when one is faced with the prospect of running one’s own business.
Enquire Now for Admissions
BBA or Bachelors in Business Administration is the first step you need to take if you wish to learn about business administration and the fundamentals of running a proper business.
As a BBA student, you can specialize in multiple spheres, like Family Business, Business Analytics etc.
Most commonly, the BBA program lasts for three years. During the first two years, the candidates learn the basics of economics, finance and business management, while the third year involves a specialized form of study, where the students choose a specific line of interest and study it in great detail.
Why you should opt for BBA
If you are wondering what is the use of studying BBA, here are some reasons for you to consider pursuing the subject:
- Considering the modern market, the starting salary of a student of BBA who has completed the course is about 2 to 4 lakhs per annum, which can increase to 10 to 12 lakhs per annum once significant experience is gained. It is more than that of any other conventional programme like B.Com.
- With a BBA course, you will be able to obtain quick opportunities to learn the professional communication skills you need to survive in the corporate jungle.The course will enable you to learn management skills, and help you learn leadership skills as well. You will learn how to think strategically, and how to operate along with a team instead of individually.
- A lot of people pursue a career in MBA after having completed their graduation in other fields. While there is no harm in that, pursuing an MBA after BBA seems to be the most logical thing to do.This will allow you to spend more time with the concepts of business management, and understand them better when they are taught in a more advanced and refined way at the master’s level.A student who pursues an MBA after a BBA degree will always be at a better place in the course than someone who is fresh to the protocols of business management.
- Even if you decide not to pursue an MBA after your graduation, your BBA degree is sufficient enough to attract good job opportunities. The BBA program also costs much lesser than the MBA program, so you will be able to reap more benefits by pursuing a BBA course, all at a lesser investment.
- Most BBA courses focus on management studies from the very beginning. This will be advantageous for you because you will be able to understand all the basic concepts of the management program better.
- If you wish to run a business any time in the future, the course will help you think and act more precisely and strategically than someone who does not have much knowledge of business studies. This means that you can think and work on levels, by using your tactical skills to the max.
- You will learn about the ways in which businesses operate in both the public and the private sectors, as well as the major differences between the two sectors.
- With a BBA degree in your pocket, you will be able to obtain better job opportunities for yourself. There are many sectors in this field of work where you can expect to get placed.Having a BBA degree will work like your gate pass to entering the business and corporate world. You will also have more tactical and technical knowledge than your peers by way of which you can improve and propagate your career to the maximum.According to statistics, the job outlook for BBA degree holders from the years 2014 to 2024 is 7% (for general and operational managers), 18% (for information security analysts), 5% (for sales management), 2-4% (for loss prevention managers), and9% (for cost estimators).
Even if your passion is something else, if you want to make money out of it, you will have to know the basic skills of business. Therefore, if you are thinking what the use of studying BBA for you is, the answer is simple- it will enable you to learn what you need to know in order to encash your talent and skill set in the market.
What do you learn as a business major?
A business major or a BBA learns a lot of quantifiable skills during the duration of the course. Through the course, you will be encouraged to develop your communications skills, quantitative reasoning as well as business analysis skills.
Students can also learn about the systems and practices that go into making the business a success. They will also learn a lot about the role of economics in the world of business and finance while gaining an acute awareness about all the business issues that are affecting international business patterns.
Here are some of the subjects that you will learn while pursuing the BBA course:
- Management information systems
- Supply Chain Management
- Project Management
- Business Theory
- Business Laws and Ethics
What can you do after your course is complete?
As mentioned above, there are plenty of job opportunities for people who pursue a BBA degree. Conventionally, the step to take next, after the completion of the bachelor’s degree would be to pursue the master’s degree.
The MBA degree is where you learn more about the refined skills that you require while occupying a managerial position in a business.
You will also have to intern with a company, which will enable you to get firsthand knowledge of how the corporate world works while gaining work experience for your own future business. After pursuing an MBA, you can also apply for a job in the government sector, if you so wish.
That being said, there is no compulsion- you may choose not to pursue an MBA degree as well. A BBA is the basic professional degree in business management that you require to land certain jobs in the corporate sector.
From the most basic of managerial roles to being responsible for the data analysis of the whole corporation, there is a lot you can do with a degree in business management.
Some of the job opportunities that you can consider pursuing once your degree is complete are as follows:
Professional Organizations and MNCs
Data analysis organizations
Finance and Investment Firms
Human Resource Department
What are the eligibility criteria to pursue BBA?
The eligibility criteria of different colleges differ according to their admission policies, but the candidate needs to pass the 10th and 12th standards under a certified educational board.
The candidate will also need to have English as one of his/her main subjects for him/her to get into a major school. Preferably, the candidate should have had Commerce for his/her plus two.
Most universities will have an entrance test as the basis of choosing the candidates for the BBA program. The entrance test will most likely contain material that candidates of all educational boards are familiar with.
In some cases, the universities may also select the candidates by means of a cut-off percentage set by them, and by examining whether or not the candidate’s marks satisfy the cut-off required.
What are some of the best schools and institutions for pursuing BBA?
Many universities in India offer a BBA course and program. A degree from a reputable college will make it much easier for you to get noticed in the market and get picked up by the business firm of your choice.
The institutions provide all kinds of professional knowledge that the candidate will ultimately require for establishing their presence in the field.
While looking to get an admission, there are certain parameters that you must consider a college. Top institutes such as BML Munjal University offers world-class facilities to all the students, which includes both academic and extra-curricular aspects.
The right faculty, healthy ambiance, boarding and library facilities, and others must always be considered before finalizing the institute.
Enrolling for a BBA program should be the first thing you do if you are interested in the intricacies of business management.
This major degree will come in handy when you step into the corporate field in a few years!
The best part, you can pursue masters in the same by further studing for MBA.
We hope that this post must have helped you out in understanding the benfits of BBA in India.
Do share your views in the comments section below.
1 thought on “What is the use of Studying BBA in India? Must Read Guide”
Copyright © 2023 BML Munjal University - All Rights Reserved
Nice post author. Thank you. Keep it up.